Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
William said:
So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.
No you're doing it wrong. How you want to say it is:

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Might be a better hook to grab him...

;)
 

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
3,943
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
69
Location
Oceanside, California
Achronos said:
William said:
So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.
No you're doing it wrong. How you want to say it is:

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Might be a better hook to grab him...

;)
He should just PM Orthonorm, Achronos. I would give advise, except that I lived back in the day when it was normal for women to sexually harass men. Of course if William is getting pinched and hip-bumped on a regular basis because he is being a considered a conquest he can PM me.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Opus118 said:
Achronos said:
William said:
So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.
No you're doing it wrong. How you want to say it is:

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Might be a better hook to grab him...

;)
He should just PM Orthonorm, Achronos. I would give advise, except that I lived back in the day when it was normal for women to sexually harass men. Of course if William is getting pinched and hip-bumped on a regular basis because he is being a considered a conquest he can PM me.
Well since everybody on this forum PMs him 3 times a day, it might get lost in his inbox.

And back in your day, how exactly did women sexually harass men?
 

Punch

Taxiarches
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
5,799
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
59
Location
Omaha, Nebraska
Achronos said:
Opus118 said:
Achronos said:
William said:
So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.
No you're doing it wrong. How you want to say it is:

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Might be a better hook to grab him...

;)
He should just PM Orthonorm, Achronos. I would give advise, except that I lived back in the day when it was normal for women to sexually harass men. Of course if William is getting pinched and hip-bumped on a regular basis because he is being a considered a conquest he can PM me.
Well since everybody on this forum PMs him 3 times a day, it might get lost in his inbox.

And back in your day, how exactly did women sexually harass men?
Teasing.
 

Papist

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
13,771
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
39
Location
Albuquerque, New Mexico
That person said:
Achronos said:
That person said:
TheMathematician said:
Achronos said:
Apparently she prefers Burger King fries over McDonalds, which I think is disgusting. I mean, seriously?
End it now.
because everyone knows that Wendy's had the best fries out of the three.
If you define "best" to mean "worst," you'd be correct.
When was the last time you have been to Wendy's to try their new burgers?
Two weeks ago maybe? I'll concede that they make good burgers. Not Five Guys or Smashburger good, but good. Their fries, however, are pretty subpar. They should have stuck with the old recipe.
Meh. I think Wendy's used to be great before they changed their recipe. As for Five Guys, one of the most delicious burgers I have ever had!!! However, now that they are here in New Mexico, they need to realize that we New Mexican's only eat our burgers with Hatch Green Chile. They need to make this available on the menu. If any of you out there are ever in New Mexico, you need to try a Blake's Lotaburger with Green Chile and Cheese. You will start to believe that you are experiencing theosis.
 

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Punch said:
The second girl that I dated left me for another man DURING OUR FIRST DATE (again, not a typo).  I gave up after that.  It was my wife that pretty much went after me, thankfully.  And I am still thankful 32 years later.
Yikes, that was brutal.  But, at least you found out quickly she wasn't marriage material!  It's too bad you took it so personally, as if her behavior reflected on *you*.  She should have at least gone through the date, thanked you for a pleasant evening, and then declined a 2nd date.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Papist said:
As for Five Guys, one of the most delicious burgers I have ever had!!!
I don't think I've ever felt worse for you.

Sorry man.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
You see Papist and me don't have White Castle.
Regardless, I can't see how anyone could claim Five Guys is one of the best burgers they've had.

I won't eat there.

Their burgers are worse than mediocre. Their fries are some of the worst period.

And for what you get, it is expensive.

Oh yeah, and they have Coke Freestyle. Which I try to avoid at all costs.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
I agree with you on all points. Five Guys does have the worst fries EVER.

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

But hey atleast Five Guys got peanuts.

A double cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke is 15 dollars!!!!!

Wth
 

montalo

Archon
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
27
A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
I agree with you on all points. Five Guys does have the worst fries EVER.

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

But hey atleast Five Guys got peanuts.

A double cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke is 15 dollars!!!!!

Wth
It actually managed to be worse than Johnny Rockets.

That is a feat.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
TheMathematician said:
A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
For fast food, In-n-out hands down. Burgers are overrated.

In general, there's a local joint in Oakland, PA called the Dirty O that makes the best fries on the planet.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
I agree with you on all points. Five Guys does have the worst fries EVER.

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

But hey atleast Five Guys got peanuts.

A double cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke is 15 dollars!!!!!

Wth
It actually managed to be worse than Johnny Rockets.

That is a feat.
LOL JOHNNY ROCKETS.

Now that garbage was expensive as hell. Thank God they closed down by my nearest mall.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
TheMathematician said:
A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
Best fries for my money if you are anywhere on the earth where you can find a Grurk place, is well those.

The gyro-kebap places always seem to have the oil temp high enough for the nearly perfectly reliable fry.

I've test this out on three continents and found it to be true.

Frankly, most fast food chains fries suck. I've already discussed that Wendy's made a HUGE improvement with their to the "sea salt" nonsense. Arby's curly fries get a lot of love from people, but I think they are disgusting and the QC at Arby's isn't great, so they often taste rancid to me.*

And I don't eat fries without mayo or at least ranch. So in general, I don't get fries frequently. Now potato wedges from fried chicken places which are not national chains is another story, or the wedges from local urban and country delisr as well.

*It is documented that I have a more sensitive palate for "rancidity" in taste and smell than most humans.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
TheMathematician said:
A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
For fast food, In-n-out hands down. Burgers are overrated.

In general, there's a local joint in Oakland, PA called the Dirty O that makes the best fries on the planet.
We just got an In-n-Out. It's the new thing, bring in one or two of an out of market garbage burger chain and watch people go crazy.
 

montalo

Archon
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
27
Achronos said:
TheMathematician said:
A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
For fast food, In-n-out hands down. Burgers are overrated.

In general, there's a local joint in Oakland, PA called the Dirty O that makes the best fries on the planet.
Except such a place called that does not exist, rather, it is simply called The O(riginal), and the dirty o simply refers to a particular hot dog there :p

I've had them, and honestly, I agree with you, and five guys reminds me of them,and as such, they are amazing to me
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
I agree with you on all points. Five Guys does have the worst fries EVER.

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

But hey atleast Five Guys got peanuts.

A double cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke is 15 dollars!!!!!

Wth
It actually managed to be worse than Johnny Rockets.

That is a feat.
LOL JOHNNY ROCKETS.

Now that garbage was expensive as hell. Thank God they closed down by my nearest mall.
Yeah. At least I could get a decent chocolate malt for $9. It was sorta like a much more expensive Steak and Shake. I like the frisco melt.

But for $20? I am not so sure.
 

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
You see Papist and me don't have White Castle.
White Castle.... I worked there when I was a teenager.  got to wear a blue polyester uniform with that blue visor.  So cute.  :D I worked the graveyard shift on Friday night and Saturday night from 11pm til 7 am.  It was quite an education to work through the drunk rush when the night clubs closed down, to the early hours when our supervisor's husband who was a city cop would come and park in the parking lot to make sure we were all safe.  Those where the days......
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Adela said:
Achronos said:
You see Papist and me don't have White Castle.
White Castle.... I worked there when I was a teenager.  got to wear a blue polyester uniform with that blue visor.  So cute.  :D I worked the graveyard shift on Friday night and Saturday night from 11pm til 7 am.  It was quite an education to work through the drunk rush when the night clubs closed down, to the early hours when our supervisor's husband who was a city cop would come and park in the parking lot to make sure we were all safe.  Those where the days......
They still are.

I have like 11? within five miles of my place. Three of which gets as much drug traffic as WC traffic.
 
Top