Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Opus118 said:
TheTrisagion said:
I have faith in you.  Go after your white whale.  When you find her, hogtie her, take her home and propose to her.  Most romantic kidnapping ever.
This is Icky

See the Lukewarmodox thread as to why this type of humor fails.
Oh, come on!  If he wants a girl that could be described as a whale then that is his personal choice!

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Opus118 said:
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Monika - So one of the last girls was Monika. I think I might actually go out on a date with her. She had fiery red hair, big green eyes, glasses... in a word, everything a guy could want in a girl!
NO
You are dead to me now.
TheTrisagion wept.  :'(
Ok, you're not dead to me... I just can't let my dream die is all. I'll let you in on a little secret--but only on the condition that you tell no one. Deal? Ok then. I haven't dated a redhead since I was a teenager; it's been something like 19 years now, and I'm beginning to lose hope. 
I have faith in you.  Go after your white whale.  When you find her, hogtie her, take her home and propose to her.  Most romantic kidnapping ever.
This is Icky

Asteriktos: Redheads who change there hair color is not only a turnoff, it spells trouble, although you may be able to handle it.

I also have a redhead in mind for you. Way smarter than me. About your age. English by birth. You  may have to move to Colorado where she is a professor..
You may not like my particular style of humor, but I don't see how it has anything to do w/ the Luke Warmodox thread.  Two different kinds of humor.  :p

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Opus118 said:
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Monika - So one of the last girls was Monika. I think I might actually go out on a date with her. She had fiery red hair, big green eyes, glasses... in a word, everything a guy could want in a girl!
NO
You are dead to me now.
TheTrisagion wept.  :'(
Ok, you're not dead to me... I just can't let my dream die is all. I'll let you in on a little secret--but only on the condition that you tell no one. Deal? Ok then. I haven't dated a redhead since I was a teenager; it's been something like 19 years now, and I'm beginning to lose hope. 
This is Icky

Asteriktos: Redheads who change there hair color is not only a turnoff, it spells trouble, although you may be able to handle it.

I also have a redhead in mind for you. Way smarter than me. About your age. English by birth. You  may have to move to Colorado where she is a professor..
You may not like my particular style of humor, but I don't see how it has anything to do w/ the Luke Warmodox thread.  Two different kinds of humor.  :p
Your too late. Vamrat already convinced me that I was wrong. And Asteriktos does like wrestling,  so trying to hogtie a whale might be a good way to see if they are compatible.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Opus118 said:

I also have a redhead in mind for you. Way smarter than me. About your age. English by birth. You  may have to move to Colorado where she is a professor..
Colorado? :( Well, at least there's hope...

EDIT--But you know what, I am going to call her and try to set something up. Er, I mean Monika, not the girl in CO :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ok! Set up a date for this Friday. Going to go to the local art/café thing at 5, and then discuss where we want to go later once we meet.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Oh no! Blake just called. He said he "knew about me and Sarah"!?  I was like "what are you talking about bro?" and he said "I hacked into her side of the computer and looked at her facebook messages, and I saw how you two were cheating together" and I was like "No way cuz, it's just a misunderstanding" and he got really mad and left. He lives like 2 hours away so I don't think he's gonna come here to confront me, but what do I do? Just when I meet Monika I have this Sarah thing happen. Just my luck! I'm going to call him in the morning and try to reason with him. I don't want anyone hurt!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I think the stalker thing is solved. My other cousin Bobby Jo apparently knew all about what was going on and talked to Blake. Blake and Sarah had a long talk she said and they patched things up and are going to Reno tonight.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
You have a cousin named Bobbie Jo?  Things are more serious than I thought...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
What do you mean? Her mom was named Jo and dad was named Bob, and they couldn't pick out a name, so they went with Bobbie Jo. They also considered Joe Bob, but they thought naming a kid after their favorite film critic (Joe Bob Briggs) was a bit silly.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
What do you mean? Her mom was named Jo and dad was named Bob, and they couldn't pick out a name, so they went with Bobbie Jo. They also considered Joe Bob, but they thought naming a kid after their favorite film critic (Joe Bob Briggs) was a bit silly.
You aren't helping your case...  ;)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Well anyway, tomorrow is the big night. After the art/café I am thinking about asking if she wants to go roller skating.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I did that OkCupid My Best Face thing. Basically you load pics to the site, they put one of your pics next to that of someone else, people vote, and then they tell you the results. According to them people who like my recent bearded/book pic the most include:

Dorks
Geeks
Liberals
Nerds
Girls 18-30

And people who disliked it include:

Stoners
Girls over 30

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I did that OkCupid My Best Face thing. Basically you load pics to the site, they put one of your pics next to that of someone else, people vote, and then they tell you the results. According to them people who like my recent bearded/book pic the most include:

Dorks
Geeks
Liberals
Nerds
Girls 18-30

Stoners
Girls over 30

You are magic.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
At my last bar trivia session, one of my teammates identified an all-girl team of about 7 members who were losing badly.  They were all college aged girls and none of them was attractive enough for me.  I think I've hit the stage in my life where I can't possibly date a girl when I'm old enough to be her father.  I didn't know how to make conversation besides being tempted to suggest that they join our team (whose numbers would have swelled from 4 to 11).

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
At my last bar trivia session, one of my teammates identified an all-girl team of about 7 members who were getting blown out.  They were all college aged girls and none of them was attractive enough for me.  I think I've hit the stage in my life where I can't possibly date a girl when I'm old enough to be her father.  I didn't know how to make conversation besides being tempted to suggest that they join our team (whose numbers would have swelled from 4 to 11).
*, explain to Sol where he missed an opportunity for an awesome double entendre.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
orthonorm said:
SolEX01 said:
At my last bar trivia session, one of my teammates identified an all-girl team of about 7 members who were getting blown out losing badly.  They were all college aged girls and none of them was attractive enough for me.  I think I've hit the stage in my life where I can't possibly date a girl when I'm old enough to be her father.  I didn't know how to make conversation besides being tempted to suggest that they join our team (whose numbers would have swelled from 4 to 11).
*, explain to Sol where he missed an opportunity for an awesome double entendre.
Thanks to your overactive imagination, I think I corrected the questionable text.  :-[

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
orthonorm said:
SolEX01 said:
At my last bar trivia session, one of my teammates identified an all-girl team of about 7 members who were getting blown out losing badly.  They were all college aged girls and none of them was attractive enough for me.  I think I've hit the stage in my life where I can't possibly date a girl when I'm old enough to be her father.  I didn't know how to make conversation besides being tempted to suggest that they join our team (whose numbers would have swelled from 4 to 11).
Thanks to your overactive imagination, I think I corrected the questionable text.   :-[
No.

I was looking to include a double entendre. I am not sure if the redacted text would fit the definition of a double entendre.

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:

Dorks
Geeks
Liberals
Nerds
Girls 18-30

Stoners
Girls over 30

i'm over 30 and i liked your picture...
:p

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
How should you respond if you do something like hold a door open for a girl and she comments on how sweet she thinks that is?