• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column

isxodnik

High Elder
Reaction score
One day he was naughty, and Jason deprived him of ice cream.

isxodnik

High Elder
Reaction score
No, but if children's service finds out what happened, Jason's gonna get hurt.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
I get that Susan was a man (brave new world and all), but what happened to Scotty?
I saw a joke the other day along the lines of: hell is being forced to interact with yourself from five years ago. Yep.  8)

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
hecma925 said:
I get that Susan was a man (brave new world and all), but what happened to Scotty?
I saw a joke the other day along the lines of: hell is being forced to interact with yourself from five years ago. Yep.  8)
Keep thy mind in hell and despair not.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Great advice Tom Papa

Relevant dating bit:

"Just get a regular girl. Lower the bar. Go to a bowling alley. Go to the back of the bowling alley. There's a deep fryer in the back of the bowling alley. There's a girl working that deep fryer. That's your girl!"

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
What if it's a guy working the deep fryer? What will lonely men do then? 🤔

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Bowling's one of those thing I love because I'm terrible at it and wouldn't be fun if I were actually trying to win. 😁

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
If you meet a girl named Leah and really hit it off, just wait a minute or seven to meet her sister. Then make a decision.

Tzimis

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great advice Tom Papa

Relevant dating bit:

"Just get a regular girl. Lower the bar. Go to a bowling alley. Go to the back of the bowling alley. There's a deep fryer in the back of the bowling alley. There's a girl working that deep fryer. That's your girl!"
Does she shovel snow and work 2 jobs?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
If you meet a girl named Leah and really hit it off, just wait a minute or seven to meet her sister. Then make a decision.
I knew a girl named Leah once and she was pretty cool, but her Father kept acting really sketchy so I didn't pursue the relationship.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
I knew a girl named Leah once and she was pretty cool, but her Father kept acting really sketchy so I didn't pursue the relationship.
I knew a Leah once and a Rachel, but they were not related in any way. I didn't date either one of them. Very pretty, but their personalities sucked.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
"I bet at least half my stuff we'll be together forever!"

Most men will take those odds. Pretty easy, ladies.