Outside Time

sprtslvr1973

High Elder
Reaction score
Please forgive what is likely a grossly short inquiry for what is equally likely a complex and thus issue:
If Satan and the demons are outside time, how could they perform what (as I understand anyway) a chronologically based change; they were loyal to God but LATER rebelled and fell into darkness?
Thank you

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
It is possible to read the War in Heaven as a future event as well, in the Revelation. How does one speak of events in eternity? There are still cause and effect in eternity. "When" did God begin Time and "when" will he end it? Conversely, if the War in Heaven took place in relation to Man (I'm not endorsing this view), then it took place in relation to Time as much as any act of the Evil One as the Adversary of Man takes place in our times.

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
sprtslvr1973 said:
If Satan and the demons are outside time...
They're not.
Right, my understanding is that they are temporal beings like us.  Several saints wrote that "prophetic dreams" of demonic origin were due to demons being able to travel faster or know, owing to their incorporeal status, things that we as physical, material creatures would not immediately become aware of.

Angels are also temporal as well, at least until the eschaton, right?