Palliative care continuing education

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
NOTE: This is not an ad. It's something I'm doing and thought some here involved in lay ministry may also be interested in doing.

The California State University Shiley Institute for Palliative Care is offering free Continuing Education courses for people in ministry (and health care) in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. You can find out more here: https://csupalliativecare.org/covid-19-resources/

In many ways, COVID-19 care is palliative care. The myriad strengths of palliative care — communication, advance care planning, pain and symptom management, and psychosocial/spiritual support — are needed now more than ever.

This selection of self-paced online courses reflects those themes and gives bedside, acute-care and/or community-based clinicians strategies they can immediately integrate into practice to ease suffering, improve communication, facilitate healthcare decision making, and build resilience.

All courses include CE credits and some include CMEs.
It's probably not going to blow your mind, but it's a good thing to have in your CV

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing.  One of my best friends although not dying requires pain management due to a severe back injury which is at a point where only extreme opiods like morphine work, and while he presently lives at home, I have invited him to join me at any time as his condition deteriorates, and I want to get prepared to be able to help him both with pre-hospice and also hospice care (because at some point he will likely start developing severe neuropathy and that could lead to him reposing, and thus benefitting from hospice care).  Please pray for him by the way that he has healing.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.