• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Pastors blasting Starbucks over plain red coffee cups

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,997
Reaction score
210
Points
63
Location
Chicago
JamesRottnek said:
ialmisry said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
It's not the godless heathens that keeps you from listening to Ancient Faith Radio. They gave you your new time religion.
When was the last time you heard Episcopalians on the radio?  'Cause I usually hear Evangelicals and Catholics.
a shame you hear but don't listen.
The Episcopalians broadcast on several stations. Whether anyone listens or even hears I don't know, as I am not one of them. St. John 10:5
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
18,059
Reaction score
458
Points
83
Age
43
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
JamesRottnek said:
ialmisry said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
It's not the godless heathens that keeps you from listening to Ancient Faith Radio. They gave you your new time religion.
When was the last time you heard Episcopalians on the radio?  'Cause I usually hear Evangelicals and Catholics.
Hmmm, I would have to say Robin Williams in Good Morning, Vietnam.  :p
 

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Age
75
Location
Finland
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
This evangelists' protest seems like a symptom of the mindset that sees Christianity under attack in contemporary America. When one thinks one is being threatened, one sees enemies everywhere.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
18,059
Reaction score
458
Points
83
Age
43
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
FinnJames said:
This evangelists' protest seems like a symptom of the mindset that sees Christianity under attack in contemporary America. When one thinks one is being threatened, one sees enemies everywhere.
Tis a slippery slope. First, the snowflakes on paper cups are taken from us. Next, our parishes will be taken from us. Where will it end?
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
28
Location
Mesa, AZ
ialmisry said:
JamesRottnek said:
ialmisry said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
It's not the godless heathens that keeps you from listening to Ancient Faith Radio. They gave you your new time religion.
When was the last time you heard Episcopalians on the radio?  'Cause I usually hear Evangelicals and Catholics.
a shame you hear but don't listen.
The Episcopalians broadcast on several stations. Whether anyone listens or even hears I don't know, as I am not one of them. St. John 10:5
Not in Arizona, they don't.
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,401
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
TheTrisagion said:
FinnJames said:
This evangelists' protest seems like a symptom of the mindset that sees Christianity under attack in contemporary America. When one thinks one is being threatened, one sees enemies everywhere.
Tis a slippery slope. First, the snowflakes on paper cups are taken from us. Next, our parishes will be taken from us. Where will it end?
Don't you know?  The Beast, the Mark, then martyrdom.



All because "they" don't want "you" to say "Merry Christmas"!
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,401
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
JamesRottnek said:
hecma925 said:
JamesRottnek said:
hecma925 said:
Oh no!  Does this mean that megachurches that proudly serve Starbucks coffee will have to change to something different?  Say it ain't so!  How will they survive listening to Hillsong music without a pre-Sunday service cinnamon peppermint double latte?
Pre-service?  Try in-service.
Is in-seat ordering available now? ;D
At one church in Arizona, yes.
Church is so rad.  Gotta live my best life now.

 

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
7,990
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
43
Location
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
Faith
Greek Orthodox (former WR)
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
Usually it is those on the left of the political spectrum who look for reasons to be offended. People need to back off of Starbucks. If they dont want to say Merry Christmas, who really gives half a care?

Be worried if Starbucks stops selling coffee because of the "blood beans" or some other such stuff.

PP
 

Agabus

The user formerly known as Agabus
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
50
Points
48
Faith
Magnificat
Jurisdiction
La Virgen de Caridad del Cobre
ialmisry said:
Agabus said:
Sirach said:
When I see stories like this I think... 'Slow news day.'
It all starts when an irrelevant MP in England notices that the cups don't have snowflakes on them (since when did snow = Xmas anyway?)
Jesus didn't have a white Christmas. Why should you?
I've never had a white Christmas. For that matter, I've only seen snow in December once, on New Year's Eve 2000. There was always a 50-50 chance you'll see someone in short pants on Christmas Day.
 

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
1,105
Reaction score
1
Points
0
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
28
Location
Mesa, AZ
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,459
Reaction score
370
Points
83
Age
41
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
No, he didn't. 
 

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
1,105
Reaction score
1
Points
0
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
All I said was it's good to support Christian businesses, particularly local. Many small businesses are being constricted by commercial chains. I went to a small bakery yesterday by a religious family and supported them and payed a little bit extra instead of getting a cheaper bread from Walmart.
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
28
Location
Mesa, AZ
Mor Ephrem said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
No, he didn't.
That's what I thought.
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
28
Location
Mesa, AZ
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
All I said was it's good to support Christian businesses, particularly local. Many small businesses are being constricted by commercial chains.
There's no such thing as a local business anymore.  Let alone a local Christian business.
 

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
1,105
Reaction score
1
Points
0
JamesRottnek said:
Mor Ephrem said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
No, he didn't.
That's what I thought.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)
 

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
1,105
Reaction score
1
Points
0
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
The CEO of Starbucks is not even Christian, this should not be a surprise.

Buy from and support local Christian or Christian-owned businesses and companies.
You tell 'em!  That's why I refuse to listen to Ancient Faith Radio: I'd have to pay godless heathens for an internet connection, since they don't broadcast in my area.
Do you actually have an argument?
Did you?
All I said was it's good to support Christian businesses, particularly local. Many small businesses are being constricted by commercial chains.
There's no such thing as a local business anymore.  Let alone a local Christian business.
 

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,863
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
52
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant
if you talk into a plain red cup, does it echo what you say yet turn it into an atheistic statement?

I mean everyone knows if you talk into a snowflake cup it echos back with the Epistle of the day.....
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Portland, Oregon
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
Everyone, remember where you're posting. (HINT: Debate is not permitted here.)
 
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
343
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Pacific Northwest
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
God
Minnesotan said:
Snowflakes, doves and trees are out and minimalism is in for Starbuck’s signature holiday cups — to the dismay of Christian evangelists.

The coffee chain’s seasonal designs are remixed each year, but this year’s tri-color tone of red, green and white has apparently angered some religious leaders for declaring a so-called “war on Christmas.”

“Starbucks REMOVED CHRISTMAS from their cups because they hate Jesus,” wrote former Arizona pastor Joshua Feuerstein in a viral Facebook post that had at least 8 million views Saturday night.


More here.

Maybe they should've used this image instead:
I do think this is a little unfortunate actually, and I can, without indulging in too much paranoia, see it as a 'post-Christmas' statement as our Evangelical buddies assert.  But as I don't go to Starbucks that much anymore I am not sure it really matters what I think.  I would hardly call them a staunch advocate of traditional Christmas in the first place.  I personally just drifted away, didn't "decide" to stop going.  (or did they drift away from me....little of both)  I would call this pastor outcry for Christmas from Starbucks 'looking for love in all of the wrong places.' 

Can I put in a plug for Advent here, which I love.  I wish we still waited until after Thanksgiving to start the Holiday Marketing Campaign.  I guess now that I think about it, these cups scream "Advent," right?  Keep it toned down.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
18,059
Reaction score
458
Points
83
Age
43
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I don't mind seeing the secular world separate from Christmas. To me, that is a good thing. It encourages Christians to focus on the religious aspects of the holiday.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
24,506
Reaction score
824
Points
113
Age
49
Location
Florida, U.S., north of Tampa
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
Yes.

Starbucks is a privately owned company, and under no obligation to put religious themes on its products.

Maybe give your coffee money for the week to a food bank, or something. There. :)
 
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
2,414
Reaction score
57
Points
48
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EOTC, but Coptic for now
TheTrisagion said:
I don't mind seeing the secular world separate from Christmas. To me, that is a good thing. It encourages Christians to focus on the religious aspects of the holiday.
That true I mean Christmas has become way too commercializied in western society so maybe what you said in the qoute above is for the best.
 

homedad76

High Elder
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
46
Location
Perrysburg, OH
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Don't they understand how many people come to follow the Lord thanks to the snowflake on their overpriced coffee cup? I can see it now, thousands of people being baptized under their new Christian name (which is whatever the barista at Starbucks decided it was on the day of their coff-piphany).

All these "War on Christmas" folks need to really think about what they are saying.  I'd actually like to see some company make it a policy for their people to greet everyone with whatever holiday it is that day no matter what religion.  Let's see how quickly people complain about being told "Blessed Ramadan" as they enter Target.
 

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
3,019
Reaction score
38
Points
48
podkarpatska said:
The fools make faith look silly, thereby adding to the doubters and  those who claim 'none'. Sigh
Amen to this comment!
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,401
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
homedad76 said:
Don't they understand how many people come to follow the Lord thanks to the snowflake on their overpriced coffee cup? I can see it now, thousands of people being baptized under their new Christian name (which is whatever the barista at Starbucks decided it was on the day of their coff-piphany).

All these "War on Christmas" folks need to really think about what they are saying.  I'd actually like to see some company make it a policy for their people to greet everyone with whatever holiday it is that day no matter what religion.  Let's see how quickly people complain about being told "Blessed Ramadan" as they enter Target.
Then we'd see how many people would serve Mammon.
 

homedad76

High Elder
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
46
Location
Perrysburg, OH
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
hecma925 said:
homedad76 said:
Don't they understand how many people come to follow the Lord thanks to the snowflake on their overpriced coffee cup? I can see it now, thousands of people being baptized under their new Christian name (which is whatever the barista at Starbucks decided it was on the day of their coff-piphany).

All these "War on Christmas" folks need to really think about what they are saying.  I'd actually like to see some company make it a policy for their people to greet everyone with whatever holiday it is that day no matter what religion.  Let's see how quickly people complain about being told "Blessed Ramadan" as they enter Target.
Then we'd see how many people would serve Mammon.
I suppose though my point was pointing out the hypocrisy.  Guaranteed a good percentage of these people would throw a fit if they were told Happy Hannukah or Ramadan or Kwanzaa or if Starbucks put out cups with any other symbols on them, like a Star of David or a Muslim Crescent.  This whole "controversy" is beyond stupid anyway.  First World Problems have officially jumped the shark.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
18,059
Reaction score
458
Points
83
Age
43
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I'm curious, other than the trolling pastor, has anyone else taken up this banner? All I have seen even from my evangelical friends on facebook is universal disdain for this crackpot. Are there actually people rallying to this cause or is this just a case of one looney toons guy going viral and everyone making fun of him?
 

podkarpatska

Merarches
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Location
Northeast United States
Website
www.acrod.org
TheTrisagion said:
I'm curious, other than the trolling pastor, has anyone else taken up this banner? All I have seen even from my evangelical friends on facebook is universal disdain for this crackpot. Are there actually people rallying to this cause or is this just a case of one looney toons guy going viral and everyone making fun of him?
I agree but this entire 'war on Christmas' nonsense has been taken up for years by a segment of the Christian sector in the united States - this is as someone said the jumping of the shark I hope... However, the story was picked up by ALL segments of the news media - including mainstream and left and right wing internut sources...

My car radio has two local stations and two satellite channels blaring holiday season music since Halloween, mostly secular with some religious carols. Our stores have been hawking seasonal displays and holiday gifts for two months already since the middle of September. And yes, I consciously did not call the music or the retail 'Christmas' because in reality - just what does any of that have to do with Christ, his Nativity or living a Christian life to the best of our own ability?

I do react in a positive way to all of the nostalgic trimmings of the Christmas season, but really what are those expectations of how we live that we are to answer at the day of judgment? What color cup did your coffee come in? No.

We have to stop with the persecution complex and proclaim Christ as our Faith demainds - its complicated but positive and serious in the end. This nonsense diminishes us all whether we like it or not in the views of the godless or the doubters.
 
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
343
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Pacific Northwest
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
God
podkarpatska said:
TheTrisagion said:
I'm curious, other than the trolling pastor, has anyone else taken up this banner? All I have seen even from my evangelical friends on facebook is universal disdain for this crackpot. Are there actually people rallying to this cause or is this just a case of one looney toons guy going viral and everyone making fun of him?
I agree but this entire 'war on Christmas' nonsense has been taken up for years by a segment of the Christian sector in the united States - this is as someone said the jumping of the shark I hope... However, the story was picked up by ALL segments of the news media - including mainstream and left and right wing internut sources...

My car radio has two local stations and two satellite channels blaring holiday season music since Halloween, mostly secular with some religious carols. Our stores have been hawking seasonal displays and holiday gifts for two months already since the middle of September. And yes, I consciously did not call the music or the retail 'Christmas' because in reality - just what does any of that have to do with Christ, his Nativity or living a Christian life to the best of our own ability?

I do react in a positive way to all of the nostalgic trimmings of the Christmas season, but really what are those expectations of how we live that we are to answer at the day of judgment? What color cup did your coffee come in? No.

We have to stop with the persecution complex and proclaim Christ as our Faith demainds - its complicated but positive and serious in the end. This nonsense diminishes us all whether we like it or not in the views of the godless or the doubters.
You are making good points here.  I remember the day when we frowned on using the Christian religion for marketing ends.  Isn't there something somewhere about money changers being driven from the Temple? ;)  Some rather hokey, archaic concept of separating consumerism and profit from exercising one's faith...? 
 

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,997
Reaction score
210
Points
63
Location
Chicago
homedad76 said:
Don't they understand how many people come to follow the Lord thanks to the snowflake on their overpriced coffee cup? I can see it now, thousands of people being baptized under their new Christian name (which is whatever the barista at Starbucks decided it was on the day of their coff-piphany).

All these "War on Christmas" folks need to really think about what they are saying.  I'd actually like to see some company make it a policy for their people to greet everyone with whatever holiday it is that day no matter what religion.  Let's see how quickly people complain about being told "Blessed Ramadan" as they enter Target.
Where you been?
Whole Foods Controversy: Targeting Ramadan
The national grocery chain Whole Foods is in the middle of a whole lot of controversy for directing a marketing campaign at Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan -- and then taking it back.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/foods-controversy-targeting-ramadan/story?id=14266881
 

Minnesotan

Archon
Joined
Sep 14, 2014
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
33
podkarpatska said:
TheTrisagion said:
I'm curious, other than the trolling pastor, has anyone else taken up this banner? All I have seen even from my evangelical friends on facebook is universal disdain for this crackpot. Are there actually people rallying to this cause or is this just a case of one looney toons guy going viral and everyone making fun of him?
I agree but this entire 'war on Christmas' nonsense has been taken up for years by a segment of the Christian sector in the united States - this is as someone said the jumping of the shark I hope... However, the story was picked up by ALL segments of the news media - including mainstream and left and right wing internut sources...

My car radio has two local stations and two satellite channels blaring holiday season music since Halloween, mostly secular with some religious carols. Our stores have been hawking seasonal displays and holiday gifts for two months already since the middle of September. And yes, I consciously did not call the music or the retail 'Christmas' because in reality - just what does any of that have to do with Christ, his Nativity or living a Christian life to the best of our own ability?

I do react in a positive way to all of the nostalgic trimmings of the Christmas season, but really what are those expectations of how we live that we are to answer at the day of judgment? What color cup did your coffee come in? No.

We have to stop with the persecution complex and proclaim Christ as our Faith demainds - its complicated but positive and serious in the end. This nonsense diminishes us all whether we like it or not in the views of the godless or the doubters.
The "war on Christmas" nontroversy was always a politically, rather than religiously, motivated one. The man who coined the phrase "war on Christmas" was Peter Brimelow, a man whose primary focus seems to be defending Christendom (or rather, white Christendom; Ethiopians and Malankara need not apply!), rather than on Christ. It's not the first time political activists have tried to twist religion to support their own aims, and it won't be the last.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
18,059
Reaction score
458
Points
83
Age
43
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Things have gotten worse. MUCH worse.  Dunkin' Donuts has also taken Christ out of Christmas and replaced Him with some girl named Joy!  :mad:

http://www.fox29.com/news/46899730-story
Dunkin' Donuts has unveiled its holiday cups. In contrast to the red cups at Starbucks, the DD cups go full on winter holiday themed with the word "JOY" in red script surrounded by green pine branches.
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,401
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
TheTrisagion said:
Things have gotten worse. MUCH worse.  Dunkin' Donuts has also taken Christ out of Christmas and replaced Him with some girl named Joy!  :mad:

http://www.fox29.com/news/46899730-story
Dunkin' Donuts has unveiled its holiday cups. In contrast to the red cups at Starbucks, the DD cups go full on winter holiday themed with the word "JOY" in red script surrounded by green pine branches.
I hate to break it to you, but "Joy" is actually a dude.



First image result on Google image with "Joy glamor shot"
 

Luke

Merarches
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
8,332
Reaction score
629
Points
113
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
I hope those few Christians complaining will see that this is going overboard, and they will back off.  Then we can have a quiet Christmas like we should.
 

MLPB

Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I, for one, get all upset ... - is outraged! - (is The Onion Dome still publishing?) that all the traditional Christmas symbols are being avoided: the "right jolly old elf" himself; Elf on a shelf; the magical reindeer and sled; Rudolph's magical nose; Frosty the Snowman; mistletoe (preferably cut at midnight with a silver knife); Yule logs; and shopping, shopping and more shopping..preferably with pushing, shoving and even more intense gratuitous violence to highlight the true meaning of Christmas. 

C'mon Christians themselves have done more to "war on Christmas" than non-Christians. Thank God the Orthodox can separate Western Christmas and its insanity from Orthodox Christmas as a religious celebration of the birth of the Savior.
 
Top