• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Patriarch Bartholomew to be the next Dalai Lama?

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I recently thought I heard someone saying somewhere how the Dalai Lama has pledged that, when he dies, he will transfer his consciousness to Patriarch Bartholomew, effectively making them one person, and uniting the Church of Constantinople and the Geluk school of Tibetan Buddhism, and that Patriarch Bartholomew has agreed to this. I know not to listen to every crazy thing people say but I was so disturbed upon hearing this that I thought I'd better ask about it here.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Jesus did go study Buddhism during the "lost years".  Perhaps there is a connection there.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
The Buddhist Forum Dharmawheel is connected to Buddhism and pictures of the Dalai Lama.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Did President Erdogan give the Dalai Lama permission to reside in Turkey?

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Yes, and Sr. Vassa is an avatar of Tara.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Iconodule said:
I recently thought I heard someone saying somewhere how the Dalai Lama has pledged that, when he dies, he will transfer his consciousness to Patriarch Bartholomew, effectively making them one person, and uniting the Church of Constantinople and the Geluk school of Tibetan Buddhism, and that Patriarch Bartholomew has agreed to this. I know not to listen to every crazy thing people say but I was so disturbed upon hearing this that I thought I'd better ask about it here.
You recently "thought" you heard, "someone" say "somewhere".... the start to a great story.