Patriarch Ilia II calls for ban on "gay rights march" "Gay-Rights Rally"

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
ativan said:
We just don't want our next generation fall into that sin, that's all. And little bit of violence will help this.
Will you at least stop doing it in the name of Christ? Maybe there is a local Georgian tribal war deity who would be a better substitute.
+1

It's people like these that should be excommunicated.

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
NicholasMyra said:
ativan said:
We just don't want our next generation fall into that sin, that's all. And little bit of violence will help this.
Will you at least stop doing it in the name of Christ? Maybe there is a local Georgian tribal war deity who would be a better substitute.
+1

along with people in active homosexual relationships and heterosexuals in non-marital sexual relationships.

ativan

Elder
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
ativan said:
Incarnated Son of God Himself cleansed the Temple of money changers. God the Father Himself destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. I don't think any of us loves human being more then Creator Himself does.

Saint king of Georgia David the builder cleansed the Church of gay priests and likes and he was very cruel against them. He did it in the name of Christ. We can't even come closer to his sainthood.

There's a lot of misrepresentation of Orthodoxy going on today. Christian first of all is supposed to be a solider of Christ.

ativan

Elder
Reaction score
Andrew21091 said:
ativan said:
And little bit of violence will help this.
"In the End Days a man will be saved by love, humbleness and kindness. Kindness will open the gates of Heaven; humbleness will lead into the Heaven; a man, whose heart is filled with love, will see the God." - St. Gabriel of Mtskheta

Sorry, I don't see any love, humbleness, or kindness in the video you posted or in the actions of the protesters.
Father Gabriel said and thought many other things that might come as a surprise to you. Believe or not he also said: don't turn your the other chick and fight against those who slap you on one side.

Real question is: who loves gay people more? those who support their unchecked behavior and those who promote popularization of it or those who oppose it?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
ativan said:
Real question is: who loves gay people more? those who support their unchecked behavior and those who promote popularization of it or those who oppose it?
Those who try to rip them to shreds with bare hands propably.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
ativan said:
You know, sarcasm without appropriate, well thought out, intelligent responses is starting to lean me in the direction of “it may not have been as bad as you pretend”.  Keep up the good work.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ativan said:
NicholasMyra said:
ativan said:
Incarnated Son of God Himself cleansed the Temple of money changers. God the Father Himself destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. I don't think any of us loves human being more then Creator Himself does.

Saint king of Georgia David the builder cleansed the Church of gay priests and likes and he was very cruel against them. He did it in the name of Christ. We can't even come closer to his sainthood.

There's a lot of misrepresentation of Orthodoxy going on today. Christian first of all is supposed to be a solider of Christ.
ativan said:
Andrew21091 said:
ativan said:
And little bit of violence will help this.
"In the End Days a man will be saved by love, humbleness and kindness. Kindness will open the gates of Heaven; humbleness will lead into the Heaven; a man, whose heart is filled with love, will see the God." - St. Gabriel of Mtskheta

Sorry, I don't see any love, humbleness, or kindness in the video you posted or in the actions of the protesters.
Father Gabriel said and thought many other things that might come as a surprise to you. Believe or not he also said: don't turn your the other chick and fight against those who slap you on one side.

You bring up some interesting points.

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
ativan said:
Sure, but being a soldier of Christ means entering into spiritual warfare against the devil and the passions. It does not mean using physical violence, especially when there's absolutely no need for it. The sword of the Christian is the Jesus Prayer, as the prayers for tonsuring a monk makes very clear.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
Michał Kalina said:
ativan said:
You know, sarcasm without appropriate, well thought out, intelligent responses is starting to lean me in the direction of “it may not have been as bad as you pretend”.  Keep up the good work.
Have you watched the videos?

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
88Devin12 said:
minasoliman said:
NicholasMyra said:
ativan said:
+1

along with people in active homosexual relationships and heterosexuals in non-marital sexual relationships.
I imagine the Church already excommunicated those if they already have people who religiously believe violence is the answer to wipe them off.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
Kerdy said:
Michał Kalina said:
ativan said:
You know, sarcasm without appropriate, well thought out, intelligent responses is starting to lean me in the direction of “it may not have been as bad as you pretend”.  Keep up the good work.
Better than you have read my posts.

Or do you mean the one with a bunch of priests running from the violence?

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
Orthodox11 said:
Good for you!  You know how to use photoshop!
What’s humorous is how an old man with a chair is compared to up-armored assault vehicles, tanks, men with body armor and military weapons and attack helicopters.  It’s overboard absurdity.

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
What’s humorous is how an old man with a chair is compared to up-armored assault vehicles, tanks, men with body armor and military weapons and attack helicopters.  It’s overboard absurdity.
There's a video of that old man using that chair to smash the windscreen of a bus carrying protesters. Of course it's overboard, that's the point.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
Kerdy said:
What’s humorous is how an old man with a chair is compared to up-armored assault vehicles, tanks, men with body armor and military weapons and attack helicopters.  It’s overboard absurdity.
There's a video of that old man using that chair to smash the windscreen of a bus carrying protesters. Of course it's overboard, that's the point.
If he was going after the protesters and the protesters are the "bad guys", what’s the problem?

But let me get this right.  He smashes out a windshield and gets turned into a warmonger.  Border patrol agents get rocks hurled at them by the dozen, getting hit in the head, killed, and they shoot one person attempting to enter the country illegally as a result and the border patrol agents are evil.  I fail to see how the double standard actually works.

What am I missing?

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
If he was going after the protesters and the protesters are the "bad guys", whats the problem?
The anti-homophobia protesters. Yes, they are the "bad guys" in so far as they're promoting sin. The problem is the unnecessary use of violence.

Kerdy said:
But let me get this right.  He smashes out a windshield and gets turned into a warmonger.  Border patrol agents get rocks hurled at them by the dozen, getting hit in the head, killed, and they shoot one person attempting to enter the country illegally as a result and the border patrol agents are evil.  I fail to see how the double standard actually works.
I don't know, I don't think I've ever mentioned border patrol agents.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
Michał Kalina said:
Kerdy said:
Michał Kalina said:
ativan said:
Better than you have read my posts.

Or do you mean the one with a bunch of priests running from the violence?
IMO they were running to the buses.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
Kerdy said:
If he was going after the protesters and the protesters are the "bad guys", whats the problem?
The anti-homophobia protesters. Yes, they are the "bad guys" in so far as they're promoting sin. The problem is the unnecessary use of violence.

Kerdy said:
I don't know, I don't think I've ever mentioned border patrol agents.
So, he attacked the protesters you say are bad and he is vilified.  I am confused.  Should he not be honored?

You didn’t, just making a comparison to show the hypocrisy.