• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Patristic Resources for Studying the Old Testament?

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to devote more attention to the Old Testament and was curious if anyone can recommend any good, viable patristic resources that could help. I am no stranger to reading the Fathers, so I was curious if there are any good, in depth patristic commentaries available, preferably on Amazon or the St. Vladimir Seminary Press website. My budget is around $150 or less. While I am not necessarily a fan of the ESV or Masoretic Text in general for reasons that have been discussed elsewhere, I recently purchased the Archaeology Study Bible from Amazon and have found it to be very helpful with its maps and diagrams.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
William A. Jurgens Faith of the Early Fathers vol. 1 2 3 

psalm110

Elder
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to devote more attention to the Old Testament and was curious if anyone can recommend any good, viable patristic resources that could help. I am no stranger to reading the Fathers, so I was curious if there are any good, in depth patristic commentaries available, preferably on Amazon or the St. Vladimir Seminary Press website. My budget is around $150 or less. While I am not necessarily a fan of the ESV or Masoretic Text in general for reasons that have been discussed elsewhere, I recently purchased the Archaeology Study Bible from Amazon and have found it to be very helpful with its maps and diagrams.
Hello

Are you please able to share of any books you may of found ? Thanks