Picture of the Day

Jason.Wike

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
Achronos said:
Michał Kalina said:
At some of my classes 80% fail and it's considered completely normal.
Fluid Mechanics, Calculus I, II, and III, Basics of Robotics I, Numerical Methods...

These are so interesting classes people take them 2-3 times.
Based on the way foreign teachers teach here in America I'm not surprised. They have no idea that is important to explain what we're actually trying to accomplish and just go "No, no worry about what you are trying to do or what it means, just do as I say." My professor was actually praying during our exam that I failed for sure the other night... I'm sure he was praying someone passed.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I would say "awesome" if one of these prevented one of my kids from getting abducted or sexually molested.  Beats standing around farting sunshine if they are attacked.  Of course, my kids can take care of themselves since they own these themselves.

Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Charles Martel said:
William said:
Awesome!

Would you say "Awesome" if your children were shot with these "blessed" weapons?

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Punch said:
I would say "awesome" if one of these prevented one of my kids from getting abducted or sexually molested.  Beats standing around farting sunshine if they are attacked.  Of course, my kids can take care of themselves since they own these themselves.

Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Charles Martel said:
William said:
Awesome!

Would you say "Awesome" if your children were shot with these "blessed" weapons?

Selam

You are fortunate enough to have access to such weapons with which to protect your children. There are many children in the world who are victims of molestation, abduction, and murder by the hands of those who wield such weapons as these. You sound just like Obama and his media cabal. Weapons are a "blessing" as long as they benefit their own interests. But screw those who don't have the same resources. If the innocent are unjustly killed, it's just "collateral damage." And if you are implying that I would stand idly by if my children were attacked, then I can only strongly suggest that you don't try attacking my children. Bring all the amunition you want. You will be fighting powers greater than anything your bullets possess.

Selam

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Punch said:

Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Charles Martel said:
William said:
Awesome!

Selam

You are fortunate enough to have access to such weapons with which to protect your children. There are many children in the world who are victims of molestation, abduction, and murder by the hands of those who wield such weapons as these. You sound just like Obama and his media cabal. Weapons are a "blessing" as long as they benefit their own interests. But screw those who don't have the same resources. If the innocent are unjustly killed, it's just "collateral damage." And if you are implying that I would stand idly by if my children were attacked, then I can only strongly suggest that you don't try attacking my children. Bring all the amunition you want. You will be fighting powers greater than anything your bullets possess.

Selam
Folks, please remember that this is the Other Topics board, where only discussion or light debate of non-serious topics is permitted. If you really wish to escalate this tangent to a more polemic level, please do so on the Non-Religious Topics board or the Politics board. Thank you.

- PeterTheAleut

Fr.Aidan

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.sarisburium.blogspot.com
To lighten the discussion (I hope), let me say that the presence of weapons usually does not imply any kind of violence. When it comes to defending the defenseless, the mere presence or possibility of presence of the weapon is generally sufficient to forestall actual violence.

So the priest might be blessing non-violence, as symbolized or indicated by the many weapons, which reduce the incidence of violence.

The Church does not bless violence, thank God! And she can penance those who have committed acts of violence, even when the violence appears to have been "justifiable."

Lest someone imagine that the Church is "warlike." War is reserved for parish council meetings and persecution is reserved for when the priest loses a receipt...