Picture of the Day

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
16,231
Reaction score
18
Points
38
Location
Detroit
Website
protectress.org
Asteriktos said:
LizaSymonenko said:
Do I dare ask what event this was?
The caption for the pic was: "Overall leader's yellow jersey Britain's Christopher Froome, center, rides behind his teammates Australia's Richie Porte and ahead of Spain's Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver during the 18th stage of the 100th edition of the Tour de France cycling race on July 18, 2013"
Really?  I would think such antics would not be allowed at such a prestigious race.  They might distract the racers or even trip them up.  It seems unfair, as probably not "all" the racers are being subjected to such nonsense.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,098
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
41
LizaSymonenko said:
Asteriktos said:
LizaSymonenko said:
Do I dare ask what event this was?
The caption for the pic was: "Overall leader's yellow jersey Britain's Christopher Froome, center, rides behind his teammates Australia's Richie Porte and ahead of Spain's Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver during the 18th stage of the 100th edition of the Tour de France cycling race on July 18, 2013"
Really?  I would think such antics would not be allowed at such a prestigious race.  They might distract the racers or even trip them up.  It seems unfair, as probably not "all" the racers are being subjected to such nonsense.
Could be that the Trib just got it wrong, I'm not sure. It wasn't part of a news story, it was in their image gallery (they do daily ones).
 

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
4,195
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hip-hop?  How do you translate, "Yo, n$%#as, whazzup?!" in Belarussian?  ;)

Michał Kalina said:
Actually, grunge, hip-hop, indie, and folk-punk.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,098
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
41
I was going to google-translate the Busta Rhymes part of the Puff Daddy song Victory into Belarusian, but then I realized that I'd be muted...  :angel:
 

mike

Protostrator
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
24,873
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Location
Białystok / Warsaw
FatherGiryus said:
Hip-hop?  How do you translate, "Yo, n$%#as, whazzup?!" in Belarussian?   ;)

Michał Kalina said:
Actually, grunge, hip-hop, indie, and folk-punk.
It was a bit more sophisticated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPRITbWN4Y
 

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
4,829
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Some of the moths that show up around my house.



 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Asteriktos said:
Won't change anything. People will still be arfuing what her face means.

"Was she snobbish"?

"Did Leonardo smell really bad that day"?

"The wrinkles around her mouth contain a secret code telling about the plan to make cats the masters of the world".
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,098
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
41
Ansgar said:
Won't change anything. People will still be arfuing what her face means.

"Was she snobbish"?

"Did Leonardo smell really bad that day"?

"The wrinkles around her mouth contain a secret code telling about the plan to make cats the masters of the world".
I like the new version.  :)
 

ilyazhito

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
26
Location
Bethesda,MD
I know that the seasons are reversed in the Southern Hemisphere, but is it actually snowing today?
 
Top