Picture of the Day

Aedificare

Reaction score
Kerdy said:
I agree.  Many of them are now abandoned by the Roman Catholic Church and instead of being empty would be wonderfully converted to an Orthodox Church.
Too bad about the pews. So close yet so far away.

Amiriteguiz?  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Indeed, beautiful church.

As for the pews, I generally like pews, but that would be absolutely gorgeous wide open. Maybe they can be put to good use as kindling at the mandatory ethnic food festival?  :police:

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Aedificare said:
Kerdy said:
I agree.  Many of them are now abandoned by the Roman Catholic Church and instead of being empty would be wonderfully converted to an Orthodox Church.
Too bad about the pews. So close yet so far away.

Amiriteguiz?  ;D
"Too bad about the pews". No, given recent precedents they could be taken out and used to fuel street barbecues or broken up and donated to the poor for winter fuel. Material does not have to be wasted but often may be recycled, surely? But pews in Orthodox churches, never.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I like pews.  If I stand too long it hurts.  Getting older is awesome.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org

Note, he is in a wet suit, and already under water (see exhalation bubbles), as he is fishing in a river.

The river is underwater. 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:

Note, he is in a wet suit, and already under water (see exhalation bubbles), as he is fishing in a river.

The river is underwater. 

These are the coolest most bizarre photos ever.  How does it still look like a river while everything is underwater?  ???

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
TheTrisagion said:
These are the coolest most bizarre photos ever.  How does it still look like a river while everything is underwater?  ???
Since there are trees there, it's probably a flooded area. If the waters have different density due to temperature or from having different chemicals in it, then the river still flows like marine currents do. I guess. :)

Nikolaostheservant

High Elder
Reaction score
i thought it would be funny, hope he agrees. i saw a mod post this on the athos thread and well there u go.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Serious stuff: the 69th anniversary of Warsaw Uprising in which were murdered more than 150,000 civilians, including Orthodox priests and believers (also children from the Orthodox orphanage) from my parish; my church is in the disctrict that my family and ancestors (certainly from mother's side, some of them were fighting too) and I come from. It also suffered the most from all parts of Warsaw.

So, please pray for all the victims...

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Nikolaostheservant said:
Please provide a translation within 24 hours, per the rules on posting in foreign languages.  Thank you!
LOL!  I was just going to post that! 
"One favours stripes on his tracsuit. Other one - cross marks on his sorochka"

pmpn8rGPT

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
TheTrisagion said:
Since there are trees there, it's probably a flooded area. If the waters have different density due to temperature or from having different chemicals in it, then the river still flows like marine currents do. I guess. :)
Either that or the pictures were taken in the Gulf of Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqly8ERIkHM