• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Picture of the Day

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
coptic orthodox boy said:
i don't get it ???
Keep your eye on the dot even when the picture changes.
 

bogdan

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
1,614
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA


Sunset on Mars

The properties of martian dust cause a bluish halo around the sun, and at sunset the reddish sky lights up blue—just the opposite of the sun's appearance on Earth.
 

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
672
Reaction score
38
Points
28
minasoliman said:
coptic orthodox boy said:
i don't get it ???
Keep your eye on the dot even when the picture changes.
I see it now (just had to stay focused on the black dot instead of looking around for a ghost or something).
 

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,379
Reaction score
4
Points
0
Age
56
Location
Australia
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
No, it's not the Loch Ness Monster.
This is actually a frog hitching a ride on the back of a snake during the recent floods in Australia:

 

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
5,392
Reaction score
5
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Wichita, KS
Ok, slowly move your head away from your screen until you recognize who the person is (hint, actor):

 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
22,210
Reaction score
536
Points
113
Age
41
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
672
Reaction score
38
Points
28
ozgeorge said:
No, it's not the Loch Ness Monster.
This is actually a frog hitching a ride on the back of a snake during the recent floods in Australia:

Weren't their sharks in the streets as well?
 

deusveritasest

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
7,521
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Ortho_cat said:
Ok, slowly move your head away from your screen until you recognize who the person is (hint, actor):

I don't get it. I recognized him at once looking straight at the picture and couldn't figure out how the optical illusion worked.
 

Saint Iaint

High Elder
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
624
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Website
www.christconquers.wordpress.com
The Star Beats All...



Hitler's mistake was refusing to borrow any more paper from them... He simply printed his own.

Once free from the crippling usury of the privately owned banks - instantly Germany went from having the worst economy in Europe to being the most prosperous, technologically advanced nation in the world (again), with virtually zero unemployment.

If only our own governments had the courage to do the same.

†IC XC†
†NI KA†
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Ortho_cat said:
Ok, slowly move your head away from your screen until you recognize who the person is (hint, actor):

"You cannot let him near the chest, man, trust me on this. You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me."  ;)
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic

Too much trunk weight in Egyptian standards of transportation...in some areas  ;D

An "Only in Egypt" series of pictures and videos circulate online on the dumbest things Egyptians go through.

Another one:

[flash=480,300]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H36WMg-vuwo&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
 

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
5,561
Reaction score
267
Points
83
Location
wilderness
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Reply to #49: Johnny Depp
 

mike

Protostrator
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
24,873
Reaction score
13
Points
0
Age
32
Location
Białystok / Warsaw
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Entscheidungsproblem said:
I couldn't stop laughing at the $5 bill one.  Damn Jewish snow...
Damn Jewish 12-hour clock.
 

Crucifer

Archon
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
62
Location
VA
Website
www.uscj.org
Faith
Jewish(Conservative)
The £20 note made my day. I always thought "Fidei Defensor" refered to the CofE, not Judaism. Do the Windsors do a Seder at Buck-house? "Why is this knight different from every other knight?"
 

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,379
Reaction score
4
Points
0
Age
56
Location
Australia
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
coptic orthodox boy said:
ozgeorge said:
No, it's not the Loch Ness Monster.
This is actually a frog hitching a ride on the back of a snake during the recent floods in Australia:

Weren't their sharks in the streets as well?
Freshwater sharks are extremely rare, however there were unconfirmed sightings:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/environment/weather/flood-shark-sightings-have-residents-on-edge-20110113-19ozp.html
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
coptic orthodox boy said:
Shaolin monk, 2 finger handstand:

You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
40,538
Reaction score
974
Points
113
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
minasoliman said:
You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
Shun the non-believer! Shunn n n n n n...
 

Jason.Wike

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ortho_cat said:
Ok, slowly move your head away from your screen until you recognize who the person is (hint, actor):

Well, I don't recognise the actor but it looks like my friend.
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Asteriktos said:
minasoliman said:
You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
Shun the non-believer! Shunn n n n n n...
Give me back my kidney!!!
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
40,538
Reaction score
974
Points
113
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
minasoliman said:
Asteriktos said:
minasoliman said:
You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
Shun the non-believer! Shunn n n n n n...
Give me back my kidney!!!
If I could give you a prize for getting that reference, I would!  ;D
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
NJ
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Asteriktos said:
minasoliman said:
Asteriktos said:
minasoliman said:
You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
Shun the non-believer! Shunn n n n n n...
Give me back my kidney!!!
If I could give you a prize for getting that reference, I would!  ;D
Oh gosh...that video was awesome...i remember it years ago when it went viral.
 

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
672
Reaction score
38
Points
28
minasoliman said:
coptic orthodox boy said:
Shaolin monk, 2 finger handstand:

You sure this is not a photo at the right moment of some sort of flip?
Could be, I don't know.  The photo was probably taken during a stunt as the one shown in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkhVeW7VV0
 
Top