Picture of the Day

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
...as I was surfing the Web, looking at cute "cottage" interiors (don't ask me why), I happened upon this photo!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
He's too white, and ya'know, not a photo.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
W.A.Mozart said:
no,i posted a funny photo... if i offended anyone,please let admins delete my post
If you're referring to my comment about "Geek Orthodox", I apologize for not including a smiley  :-[

That one is definitely my humour. Most of your pictures have been good - can't say that I've found any that I would label offensive. Some haven't appealed to me, but that's just personal taste. I know you're not out to offend. And I do thank you for some really good ones.

The most recent photo reminds me of an incident in church where the reader said "to the Jews and the geeks"  :eek: I thought I may have misheard, but then noticed an altar boy trying almost unsuccessfully to stifle his laughter  :D. Just about lost it then.

W.A.Mozart

High Elder
Reaction score
genesisone said:
W.A.Mozart said:
no,i posted a funny photo... if i offended anyone,please let admins delete my post
If you're referring to my comment about "Geek Orthodox", I apologize for not including a smiley  :-[

That one is definitely my humour. Most of your pictures have been good - can't say that I've found any that I would label offensive. Some haven't appealed to me, but that's just personal taste. I know you're not out to offend. And I do thank you for some really good ones.

The most recent photo reminds me of an incident in church where the reader said "to the Jews and the geeks"  :eek: I thought I may have misheard, but then noticed an altar boy trying almost unsuccessfully to stifle his laughter  :D. Just about lost it then.
thank u so much

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
"Romanian orthodox priests follow the relics of Saint Andrew’s head in Bucharest, Romania, backdropped by the Romanian parliament building, the world’s largest civilian administrative building, formerly known as the House of the People, built at the request of communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu. According of the Romanian Orthodox Church Saint Andrew initiated the conversion to Christianity of the ancestors of the Romanian people by preaching in Black Sea bordering eastern Dobrogea province. The head was brought from Greece and is expected to draw large numbers of pilgrims for the annual week-long celebration of the Romanian capital’s patron saint, Saint Dimitrie Bassarabov."

(Original here)

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
biro said:
"Romanian orthodox priests follow the relics of Saint Andrew’s head in Bucharest, Romania, backdropped by the Romanian parliament building, the world’s largest civilian administrative building, formerly known as the House of the People, built at the request of communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu. According of the Romanian Orthodox Church Saint Andrew initiated the conversion to Christianity of the ancestors of the Romanian people by preaching in Black Sea bordering eastern Dobrogea province. The head was brought from Greece and is expected to draw large numbers of pilgrims for the annual week-long celebration of the Romanian capital’s patron saint, Saint Dimitrie Bassarabov."

(Original here)
Great photo!

DavidI

Reaction score

HH Pope Shenouda III - I presume shortly after a service as he and the priest/bishop behind him are still vested.