Picture of the Day

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
:laugh: Kentucky Fried Hitler. I'm loving it.
What makes that even funnier is that Hitler was a strict vegetarian.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Wait, what? US flag that near to the altar?
Looks Catholic to me.
Not the flag.........although, I do recall a rousing song, to which we marched, called, "Long Live the Pope"..........long ago, far away in a another galaxy. And we carried the US Flag too.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
That there is an interesting blend of Christian traditions. You have the nylon tapestry of western Catholic Jesus with a statue of Mary behind it, standard Orthodox iconography, overtly patriotic evangelical flag and Baptist style lectern.

Czar Lazar

Elder
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
That there is an interesting blend of Christian traditions. You have the nylon tapestry of western Catholic Jesus with a statue of Mary behind it, standard Orthodox iconography, overtly patriotic evangelical flag and Baptist style lectern.
Don't forget the Roman Catholic "Easter Candle" in front of the tapestry and the Roman Catholic style incense censer next to the flag. If I had to guess I would say some sort of break away catholic group.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Czar Lazar said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Don't forget the Roman Catholic "Easter Candle" in front of the tapestry and the Roman Catholic style incense censer next to the flag. If I had to guess I would say some sort of break away catholic group.
Possibly SSPX or FSSP. There's a Divine Mercy painting on the left - they can't be that much of a breakaway.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
It looks like it is from here. This group looks like it is in communion with the RC church.

https://www.facebook.com/TallyLMS

Czar Lazar

Elder
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
It looks like it is from here. This group looks like it is in communion with the RC church.

https://www.facebook.com/TallyLMS
interesting

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
One can find such chaos in the ROCOR western rite (not that this particular group is ROCOR WR).

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
biro said:
Czar Lazar said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Possibly SSPX or FSSP. There's a Divine Mercy painting on the left - they can't be that much of a breakaway.
Christ in the kitschy Divine Mercy painting always looks like he's shooting Death Star-like laser beams at the viewer.

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
biro said:
Czar Lazar said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Christ in the kitschy Divine Mercy painting always looks like he's shooting Death Star-like laser beams at the viewer.
The way the candlestick (at least, I think that's what it is) is positioned makes it look like he's holding it.