Picture of the Day

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
Seventh Day Adventists also created corn flakes to stop people from masturbating.
I imagine that masturbating with corn flakes would be somewhat of a deterrent.  ;)
Nothing stops people from masturbating.  Nothing.

Just for clarification, I'm not talking about our nothing.
Corn flakes don't. Cheetos on the other hand...

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
FatherGiryus said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
Seventh Day Adventists also created corn flakes to stop people from masturbating.
I imagine that masturbating with corn flakes would be somewhat of a deterrent.  ;)
Nothing stops people from masturbating.  Nothing.

Just for clarification, I'm not talking about our nothing.
Corn flakes don't. Cheetos on the other hand...
I would think that they would merely have forensic value...

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score

From here.

This woman, who was apparently participating in a pro-KKK rally, doesn't even seem to be aware of the KKK's history of rabid anti-Catholicism.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Minnesotan said:

From here.

This woman, who was apparently participating in a pro-KKK rally, doesn't even seem to be aware of the KKK's history of rabid anti-Catholicism.
The Roman Empire was once rabidly anti-Christian, and England was once rabidly anti-non-Catholic. History changes!

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
An Alaskan totem pole built in response to Orthodoxy, at its original location in Old Kasaan, prior to 1922, and again in 1965, some time after it was moved to Ketchikan:

Set up c. 1880 by the Kaigani Haida Chief Skowl, sources differ on what it represents.

The eagle, Skowl's personal totem, surmounts either the Russian Tsar or an Orthodox saint, his hand raised towards God in Heaven. An angel, likely the Archangel Michael, and a missionary or bishop follow. Another eagle separates them from an early promyshlennik or perhaps, given that Skowl's daughter largely financed the totem pole's carving, Skowl's son-in-law, Charles Vincent Baronovich. Since this was not long after the Alaska Purchase, it's possible that the second eagle represents the United States, though this is unlikely as both Chief Skowl and Baronovich hated the American government and preferred dealing with the British in nearby Canada.

Some claim that the totem pole was carved to commemorate the baptism of Chief Skowl and his family but, based on an early record, the general consensus seems to be that Skowl raised it in opposition to Orthodoxy, to ridicule it for having failed to convert him and his people. It now resides in the basement of the Ketchikan Totem Heritage Center.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude...your pics are all "invalid attachment" pics.  Perhaps it's only viewable for the members of the forum you are taking it from.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
Dude...your pics are all "invalid attachment" pics.  Perhaps it's only viewable for the members of the forum you are taking it from.
I thought he was protesting the thread by posting empty posts.