Picture of the Day

Orthodox_Slav

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Dominika said:
He lived In Siberia For 6 Months To Photograph Its Indigenous People, Results Are Phenomenal:
https://www.slavorum.org/he-lived-in-siberia-for-6-months-to-photograph-its-indigenous-people-results-are-phenomenal/

The link presents portraits of Siberian people. Amazing.
but why does this Siberian babushka have a gun! :eek:

Jackson02

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Orthodox_Slav said:
Dominika said:
He lived In Siberia For 6 Months To Photograph Its Indigenous People, Results Are Phenomenal:
https://www.slavorum.org/he-lived-in-siberia-for-6-months-to-photograph-its-indigenous-people-results-are-phenomenal/

The link presents portraits of Siberian people. Amazing.
but why does this Siberian babushka have a gun! :eek:

They have to have guns if you live in the Siberian wilderness! This babushka is probably defending her territory from Siberian wolves with her terrifying little companion.  ;)

Orthodox_Slav

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Dominika said:
Orthodox_Slav said:
the metropolitan Sawa head of the POC and metropolitan of Warsaw

Why?
actually, I don't know I was sitting at my computer and I thought of his face for no particular reason and I decided to post it!

LivenotoneviL

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no schisms among you; but that you be perfect in the same mind, and in the same judgment...
Now this I say, that every one of you saith: I indeed am of Paul; and I am of Apollo; and I am of Cephas; and I of Christ...
Is Christ divided? Was Paul then crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"

Orthodox_Slav

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
LivenotoneviL said:
Orthodox_Slav said:
whos he again?
Metropolitan Tikhon of the Orthodox Church of America. They are a self governing Orthodox Church in America whose origin is that of Russia.
the OCA  yeah I know them

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Orthodox_Slav said:
Dominika said:
Orthodox_Slav said:

Why?
actually, I don't know I was sitting at my computer and I thought of his face for no particular reason and I decided to post it!
I used to think that this section is for interesting/unusual/up-to-date/personal-emotional pictures... But the life is teaching something new everyday.
Btw I have a book being in fact one very long interview with him, and exatly this picture is used on the cover.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Orthodox_Slav said:
Dominika said:
Orthodox_Slav said:

Why?
Why would you ever admit such a thing?

Orthodox_Slav

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Orthodox_Slav said:
Dominika said:
Orthodox_Slav said:

Why?
Why would you ever admit such a thing?
why should I be embarrassed to admit it?
btw tonight I will pray for the POC my prayer will be: Lord preserve thy all holy Polish orthodox church and assist their divine liturgies through the prayers of the holy Theotokos amen! I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Orthodox_Slav said:
btw tonight I will pray for the POC my prayer will be: Lord preserve thy all holy Polish orthodox church and assist their divine liturgies through the prayers of the holy Theotokos amen! I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!
I've been asking this in Portuguese for years, so I'm sure God understands Russian too.

Dominika said:
I have a book being in fact one very long interview with him, and exatly this picture is used on the cover.
Wow, which are the main themes? You can PM me if you'd rather not go on about it in this thread.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
RaphaCam said:
Orthodox_Slav said:
I've been asking this in Portuguese for years, so I'm sure God understands Russian too.
Russsian is a Slavonic language.

RaphaCam said:
Dominika said:
I have a book being in fact one very long interview with him, and exatly this picture is used on the cover.
Wow, which are the main themes? You can PM me if you'd rather not go on about it in this thread.
Actually, everything, as it was issued on the 75th birthday of the metropolitan and it's title "Talks about life and the Church". So it's about life of the metropolitan, the communism period in Poland, the beginnings of the Orthodox Youth Brotherhood in Poland, realations with the RC Church, Church media, Ukraine, Orthodox chaplains in the Polish army... It's easier to said what themes are not touched.