Picture of the Day

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Messages
7,391
Reaction score
7
Points
38
Age
28
Location
Poland
Website
www.youtube.com
Number of McDonalds by country in Europe; still I remember times that in Serbia each city had maximum 1 McDonald

 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
Dominika said:
Number of McDonalds by country in Europe; still I remember times that in Serbia each city had maximum 1 McDonald

How come there are no McDonalds in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg?  Or Monaco?  Or Andorra?  I get Liechtenstein and San Marino, and the Vatican City, but Monaco is the world’s most urban country, the Co-Principality of Andorra is a beautiful place, but also famous for its massive low tax shopping, indeed, I believe this is a mainstay of the Andorran economy, and Luxembourg is large enough to have its own airline, a major international airport, its own extensive railway network, its own military (including the NATO fleet of E3 AWACS aircraft), and several EU institutions, not to mention a large financial sector, and is the homeland not only of the world’s best looking head of state in Grand Duke Henri, but also Hugo Gernsback, the pioneering science fiction author who in the 1920s wrote the pipneering science fiction novel Ralph 124C41+ and coined the phrase “science fiction.”  They also have their own German dialect.  So if anyone deserves a pair of Golden Arches, its Luxembourg.  But in Andorra also, the absence of one seems a major oversight, and indeed, in Monaco and Gibraltar.

;)
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
Volnutt said:
Exclusive: A rejected Kill Bill character and her signature weapon. She rolls it at you like an old-timey "push the hoop with a stick" thing.

That purse is larger even than the jumbo-grade purses typically associated with transvestites.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Alpha60 said:
Dominika said:
Number of McDonalds by country in Europe; still I remember times that in Serbia each city had maximum 1 McDonald

How come there are no McDonalds in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg?  Or Monaco?  Or Andorra?  I get Liechtenstein and San Marino, and the Vatican City, but Monaco is the world’s most urban country, the Co-Principality of Andorra is a beautiful place, but also famous for its massive low tax shopping, indeed, I believe this is a mainstay of the Andorran economy, and Luxembourg is large enough to have its own airline, a major international airport, its own extensive railway network, its own military (including the NATO fleet of E3 AWACS aircraft), and several EU institutions, not to mention a large financial sector, and is the homeland not only of the world’s best looking head of state in Grand Duke Henri, but also Hugo Gernsback, the pioneering science fiction author who in the 1920s wrote the pipneering science fiction novel Ralph 124C41+ and coined the phrase “science fiction.”  They also have their own German dialect.  So if anyone deserves a pair of Golden Arches, its Luxembourg.  But in Andorra also, the absence of one seems a major oversight, and indeed, in Monaco and Gibraltar.

;)
Yeah, but no McDonald's means no this, so it's a bit of a wash.
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
Dominika said:
Oh no, I'm 27. And neither boyfriend, nor cat.

I used to have a beautiful 22lb Siamese cat with a 15” tail, a “seal-point” with the traditional “Applehead” appearance, except owing to his size and the curious tufts of fur at the tops of his ears, and his odd, lumbering gait, more than one vet speculated he had been the result of crossbreeding with a Lynx or another wildcat.

He also made strange vocalizations, sometimes trying to mime human speech; he never meowed in an ordinary manner, and his favourite game was Catch (like a dog).  And he was lightning fast.  He also never did that annoying thing some cats do where they kneed their paws into you, or a computer keyboard.

We adopted him as a kitten on the occasion of my seventh birthday.  He had been purchased in a pet store and then returned, as the family that initially bought him turned out to be allergic.  Which is good, because they were also horribly cruel; they cut off his whiskers!  :eek:

Fortunately, they grew back, but cutting off the whiskers of a kitty is pretty sick stuff.  :mad:

I miss that cat.  He died of an asthma attack in 2005...it was very sad.  :'(
 

WPM

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
7,775
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Volnutt said:
Alpha60 said:
Dominika said:
Number of McDonalds by country in Europe; still I remember times that in Serbia each city had maximum 1 McDonald

How come there are no McDonalds in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg?  Or Monaco?  Or Andorra?  I get Liechtenstein and San Marino, and the Vatican City, but Monaco is the world’s most urban country, the Co-Principality of Andorra is a beautiful place, but also famous for its massive low tax shopping, indeed, I believe this is a mainstay of the Andorran economy, and Luxembourg is large enough to have its own airline, a major international airport, its own extensive railway network, its own military (including the NATO fleet of E3 AWACS aircraft), and several EU institutions, not to mention a large financial sector, and is the homeland not only of the world’s best looking head of state in Grand Duke Henri, but also Hugo Gernsback, the pioneering science fiction author who in the 1920s wrote the pipneering science fiction novel Ralph 124C41+ and coined the phrase “science fiction.”  They also have their own German dialect.  So if anyone deserves a pair of Golden Arches, its Luxembourg.  But in Andorra also, the absence of one seems a major oversight, and indeed, in Monaco and Gibraltar.

;)
Yeah, but no McDonald's means no this, so it's a bit of a wash.
Isn't that European? . . .
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
WPM said:
Volnutt said:
Alpha60 said:
Dominika said:
Number of McDonalds by country in Europe; still I remember times that in Serbia each city had maximum 1 McDonald

How come there are no McDonalds in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg?  Or Monaco?  Or Andorra?  I get Liechtenstein and San Marino, and the Vatican City, but Monaco is the world’s most urban country, the Co-Principality of Andorra is a beautiful place, but also famous for its massive low tax shopping, indeed, I believe this is a mainstay of the Andorran economy, and Luxembourg is large enough to have its own airline, a major international airport, its own extensive railway network, its own military (including the NATO fleet of E3 AWACS aircraft), and several EU institutions, not to mention a large financial sector, and is the homeland not only of the world’s best looking head of state in Grand Duke Henri, but also Hugo Gernsback, the pioneering science fiction author who in the 1920s wrote the pipneering science fiction novel Ralph 124C41+ and coined the phrase “science fiction.”  They also have their own German dialect.  So if anyone deserves a pair of Golden Arches, its Luxembourg.  But in Andorra also, the absence of one seems a major oversight, and indeed, in Monaco and Gibraltar.

;)
Yeah, but no McDonald's means no this, so it's a bit of a wash.
Isn't that European? . . .
You don't think Europeans are just as capable of setting cars on fire over a McFlurry?
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34


Umm, file this under, "I get what you've trying to say but please try to phrase it a way that doesn't make you sound like serial killer lol...?"
 

HaydenTE

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Aug 13, 2015
Messages
1,425
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
19
Volnutt said:


Umm, file this under, "I get what you've trying to say but please try to phrase it a way that doesn't make you sound like serial killer lol...?"
I have no doubt this came from some sort of neo-pagan who worships “the Goddess” and thinks that honoring a north European pantheon is somehow less racist that worshiping a Mediterranean Jew.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
I have no idea. I just found it out of context in a compilation of Neckbeard cringe. I think he's just trying to say that he values women for more than merely their bodies (maybe he's even one of them thar "sapiosexuals"). And I support the sentiment of not just being about the physical (not least of all since outer beauty fades with time).

But there's got to be a less disturbing, maybe even unintentionally patronizing, way to say it.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Yeah, I think ten years ago we just would have called it a preference (or at worst, a fetish).
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,067
Reaction score
21
Points
38
Age
41
Volnutt said:


Umm, file this under, "I get what you've trying to say but please try to phrase it a way that doesn't make you sound like serial killer lol...?"
Reminds me of the TV show You (which I liked enough that I'm now reading the original book for).  :laugh:
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Sounds they kind of made a show out of this guy lol:

 
Top