• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Please pray for my husband

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
My husband has been diagnosed with throat cancer - stage 4 type 3.  
Please pray for my husband.  

Thank you,

In His mercy,
BethAnna

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy on BethAnna's husband.

Sam G

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ACROD
Lord, have mercy on BethAnna's husband.

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox (Coptic)
may God give you strength in this difficult time and lead your husband to a deeper knowledge of His love.
i have missed your posts lately; can see you have had more important things to do.
may God have mercy on you and all your family.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Lord have mercy.

St. Luke and St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
mabsoota said:
may God give you strength in this difficult time and lead your husband to a deeper knowledge of His love.
i have missed your posts lately; can see you have had more important things to do.
may God have mercy on you and all your family.
I have missed  being here very much.  I returned home on June 29th after traveling for nearly a year (I think I was home for a few months during the holidays last year and the beginning of this year.) for various very serious and difficult family needs.  My husband called to tell me he was diagnosed with throat cancer while I was in Connecticut. 

Thank you for your prayers.  Thank you - all of you.

His prognosis is not great - but there is one hopeful glimmer that at the very least will buy him some time. . . and at the most will push this into remission with out recurrence, God willing.

I asked if I could ask my church and others to pray for him.  He was actually open to that - saying that it can't hurt, and may actually help. 

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Glad to hear of this recent development. Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy! Give support and healing to BethAnna's husband and give strength to BethAnna.

marigold

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy on BethAnna's husband, and on all the family.

Alxandra

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
I'm so sorry, Lord have mercy

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, LORD have mercy!

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Neal is having his first walloping chemo therapy tomorrow.  He had one a few weeks ago before the pet scan came back under the assumption that the cancer was not as bad as it actually is. 

Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow and for the next several weeks.  This chemo and the next chemo three weeks from now will hopefully reduce a very large tumor in his throat so that he will have a chance with radiation. 

It will cause him to lose his hair and could make him quite ill. 

I'll try to keep everyone updated.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
quietmorning said:
Neal is having his first walloping chemo therapy tomorrow.  He had one a few weeks ago before the pet scan came back under the assumption that the cancer was not as bad as it actually is.   

Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow and for the next several weeks.  This chemo and the next chemo three weeks from now will hopefully reduce a very large tumor in his throat so that he will have a chance with radiation. 

It will cause him to lose his hair and could make him quite ill. 

I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Lord have mercy.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Lord have mercy.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh God, I know you love him, have mercy, heal him and show him the path to your forgiving, loving, and protective arms.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Neal had his first true Chemo today - he had a bit of an issue with the second chemo drug - but they gave him a break for twenty minutes, then started it back with a slower drip.  He was able to receive all of it.  He has a pump of the third medication that he will wear until Thursday afternoon when it will be removed. 

He's pale, but he's in good spirits.  Thank you for your continued prayers!

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox OCA
Lord, have mercy upon Thy servant.

O most holy Theotokos, do not abandon BethAnna, but protect her and comfort her.  We humbly ask your prayers to your Son, Jesus Christ.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy! exert your love to both Neal and BethAnna through this trying time. Give them comfort and strength.

Also have mercy upon GabrieltheCelt above me, whose prayer to you I now join.

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Lord have mercy on your husband and you!

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I saw the doctor late this afternoon - it is official - I'm sick.  So, now I am sitting here with a slightly warm to breathe through face mask.  I have a virus that comes on weak, goes away then comes back and hits much harder.  I'm in the much harder phase.  I thought I was just suffering from allergies. 

Neal has had me around him for a good week with this not so bad, gone (it must have been just my allergies), oh no, this can't be allergies, I feel like crud. . .thing.  He did get his chemo in . . . he will talk to his doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything else other than his wife sleeping upstairs and masked, and hand sanitized  ... that he should do or that they might be able to do to protect him a little bit.

This could be very serious.  Lord have mercy. 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Lord have mercy.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
quietmorning said:
I saw the doctor late this afternoon - it is official - I'm sick.  So, now I am sitting here with a slightly warm to breathe through face mask.  I have a virus that comes on weak, goes away then comes back and hits much harder.  I'm in the much harder phase.  I thought I was just suffering from allergies. 

Neal has had me around him for a good week with this not so bad, gone (it must have been just my allergies), oh no, this can't be allergies, I feel like crud. . .thing.  He did get his chemo in . . . he will talk to his doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything else other than his wife sleeping upstairs and masked, and hand sanitized  ... that he should do or that they might be able to do to protect him a little bit.

Lord have mercy. I hope this is not lyme disease.

St. Seraphim of Sarov, St. Nectarios of Aegina, and St. John of San Francisco, intercede to God for us.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Maria said:
quietmorning said:

Lord have mercy. I hope this is not lyme disease.

St. Seraphim of Sarov, St. Nectarios of Aegina, and St. John of San Francisco, intercede to God for us.
I'm pretty sure it isn't, Maria, thank you for your concern.  I haven't had a tick bite since I was a teen.  The doctor said that this virus is going around and that he's seen a lot of people with the exact same thing just in the last week. 

Actually - I don't think my husband could catch Lyme disease from me, though. . . and in that, it would be significantly better.  :)

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, Have Mercy!

Quietmorning, not all viruses are airborne. The advice I have gotten from virologists is to wash your hands with soap and water often and in case of your husband wearing latex or nitrile gloves while handling dishes, etc., is a good idea. I think in your circumstances you need to go all out. I am going to pm Minasoliman to see if he has a different opinion.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Lord have mercy!

Washing hands with soap and water and use of a good hand sanitizer like Purell is fine.  The mask is a good idea as well.  Consult with your doctor of course for all precautions to take as his/her advice would trump mine.

May the prayers and blessings of the Theotokos strengthen you!

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Continued prayers.  How many chemo sessions will your husband have?

marigold

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy.

littlepilgrim64

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOA
quietmorning said:

Continuing to pray for you both, Quietmorning.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Neal never came down with my virus - Glory to God!

We saw his medical oncologist the day before yesterday - Neal did EXCEEDINGLY well with the last chemo.  Only took one anti-nausea tab for some slight queasiness, never got sick nor did he have any of the other 'ill' side effects.  The doc was completely amazed.  He still has not lost his hair, but doc said that he would be bald the next time he saw him - this coming Tuesday.  He has decided not to shave his head unless he starts losing clumps at a time - because anything can happen when people are praying for you. :)

Insurance will not pay for another CT or PET scan after then next treatment and before the radiation/chemo phase - so we will never know if the chemo actually shrank the tumor or not.  I'm reminded that He is humble and doesn't like an audience.  :)

Neal did get fatigued for a few days - and fell asleep as soon as he got home from work.  That shook me up a bit. . .I guess the reality of his cancer hit me when I saw that.