• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Pop Up's

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop,Some of the words written on this Forum from appearing in hyper text, Each time my mouse goes over them a pop up add appears,so annoying.....Anyone

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Catholic
Jurisdiction
FSSP
I've never seen that. You might have some adware on your computer/browser that needs removing.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
I assume he means official things for the forum, like if I hover over your name a see a pop up... I hope so, anyway. I just checked through the profile settings and didn't see a way to turn them off. There may be a way to disable them for all sites in your browser settings, not sure...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Yes, I would do an anti-virus scan if you have that in your system.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
I've never seen that. You might have some adware on your computer/browser that needs removing.
Thanks Ill Down Load and Try Add Aware ,See if that cures the Problem....

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
biro said:
Yes, I would do an anti-virus scan if you have that in your system.
I ran the Avasti Free Anti Virus 2 times It Didn't Find Anything...Ill try add aware and spy bot ....

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
My friend Jeff works in IT. His advice for the first thing to do when anything technical goes wrong: "Hit it really hard."

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
biro said:
My friend Jeff works in IT. His advice for the first thing to do when anything technical goes wrong: "Hit it really hard."
The Fonz knows best :)

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What browser are you using, if it's anything other than IE try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, if you're using IE, try downloading Chrome. Alternatively, download HijackThis and find and remove the offending spyware manually.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
GiC said:
What browser are you using, if it's anything other than IE try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, if you're using IE, try downloading Chrome. Alternatively, download HijackThis and find and remove the offending spyware manually.
I have I E 9, Also Have Google Chrome ,Google Chome Is set to my Favorite Home page where i watch Movies for Free... ;D to watch them i had to install Codex-C , It could be were These pop up Ad ware Is Coming from... ;D

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
stashko said:
GiC said:
I have I E 9, Also Have Google Chrome ,Google Chome Is set to my Favorite Home page where i watch Movies for Free... ;D to watch them i had to install Codex-C , It could be were These pop up Ad ware Is Coming from... ;D
There's certainly a good chance of it ;)

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Ill Login to the movie site ,and delite the C-codex...I read there forum and the members are saying ,to login in, and one doesn't need the codex -C.... :police:

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Update......

I removed The Codec C From My Laptop Today , It Was The Cause Of the Hyper Text  ads appearing, on certain key words in  posts ,posted..... :police:

ChristusDominus

High Elder
Reaction score
stashko said:
Update......

I removed The Codec C From My Laptop Today , It Was The Cause Of the Hyper Text  ads appearing, on certain key words in  posts ,posted..... :police:
That just goes to show you, nothing really is for free, there's always a catch or price to pay in the end. Anyway, SUPERantispyware works really well.