• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Civil Unions

Xavier

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
marianapostolate.com
Faith
Ecumenical Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction
The Pope - but my heart is for Re-Union!
Yes, it is wonderful, an Act of Mercy and of Love, to our Gay Christian Brethren, for the Pope to have said that. Homosexuals are greatly loved by God. They are called by Him to chastity and holiness, just like the rest of us are. The Church cannot bless gay unions. She encourages us all to live in holiness, i.e. in committed matrimony or in celibacy/virginity etc according to one's own calling and state in life. This is Christ's Teaching as well.

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
This article is written by Drew Goins, a gay journalist for Washington Post who points out that Pope Francis' recent full disclosure of the Roman Catholic Church position (unable to bless same sex unions) is helpful.
She shares her frustration as a college student being lured into the fellowship of a protestant church with vague promises of acceptance.

This is a very interesting article covering this topic:

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
This is a very interesting article covering this topic:
Thank you for sharing this article.
I believe treating people with honesty and dignity requires speaking the truth in love.

People don't want to come to a Church that uses them as a pawn for pushing forward their own personal agenda. This author describes this process in his own life and those of his friends as they sought the Great Physician.
When Pope Francis made his statement that the Church cannot bless same sex unions as a marriage, he broke these chains of deception, false hope, and predatory behavior within the Church.
May many find healing. Lord, have mercy.

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
When Pope Francis made his statement that the Church cannot bless same sex unions as a marriage, he broke these chains of deception, false hope, and predatory behavior within tthe Church.
On the contrary. The statement was issued by Ladaria, Pope Francis remains - in true peronistic fashion - unclear. This kind of two-faced underhanded approach feeding two narratives isn't something new on the Vatican's throne though.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
On the contrary. The statement was issued by Ladaria, Pope Francis remains - in true peronistic fashion - unclear. This kind of two-faced underhanded approach feeding two narratives isn't something new on the Vatican's throne though.
This kind of confusion destroys people.

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
This kind of confusion destroys people.
With the ever-increasing visibility of the Orthodox Church this problem will get an elegant solution. Taking that into account I feel increasingly less sorry for them.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
What elegant solution?

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
Nice. Since you used "elegant" (which is a gay word), I tell you, "Go, and sin no more."
You Americans are just way too vulgar 😘

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
You Americans are just way too vulgar 😘
As they are wont to say at the corner bodega, "Deutschland über alles*."

*Germany above all

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
As they are wont to say at the corner bodega, "Deutschland über alles*."

*Germany above all
I actually have a soft spot for the old Eastern German hymn as opposed to Hoffmann von Fallerslebens anti-monarchic operetta hymn:

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Hello, fellow ostalgie sufferer.