• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Pope Francis 'shocked' by attack on Missionaries of Charity home in Yemen

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score

At least 16 people are dead after two gunmen attacked a Missionaries of Charity convent and nursing home for elderly and disabled persons in Aden, the provisional capital of Yemen, on Friday.

Aden, Yemen, Mar 4, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Updated March 5, 2016 at 12:05 CET: Pope Francis has condemned the “diabolical violence” of Friday’s deadly attack on a nursing home in Yemen, acknowledging in a special way the four Missionaries of Charity sisters who were killed during the siege.

“His Holiness Pope Francis was shocked and profoundly saddened to learn of the killing of four Missionaries of Charity and twelve others at a home for the elderly in Aden,” reads the telegram, released Saturday and signed by Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/four-sisters-dead-in-attack-on-missionaries-of-charity-home-in-yemen-99801/

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
So it does not shock the sense?
Could be a translation issue or have different connotations for various peoples?
Or are you indicating "he should have known" or "they had it coming if they live there"?

I hope it is simply my bad personality trait that takes the OP in the wrong light;
glad Lent is coming.....much to work on!

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
LenInSebastopol said:
So it does not shock the sense?
Could be a translation issue or have different connotations for various peoples?
Or are you indicating "he should have known" or "they had it coming if they live there"?

I hope it is simply my bad personality trait that takes the OP in the wrong light;
glad Lent is coming.....much to work on!
Excuse me?????  I merely posted an very recent news article about a horrible attack on helpless nuns and elderly and disabled.

I followed the forum rules of posting the exact title of the article, plus quoted the first section of the article.

And, you are saying I posted this to say they had it coming to them???  Really????

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Adela said:
I followed the forum rules of posting the exact title of the article,
This is not a rule.

JoeS2

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Adela said:

At least 16 people are dead after two gunmen attacked a Missionaries of Charity convent and nursing home for elderly and disabled persons in Aden, the provisional capital of Yemen, on Friday.

Aden, Yemen, Mar 4, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Updated March 5, 2016 at 12:05 CET: Pope Francis has condemned the “diabolical violence” of Friday’s deadly attack on a nursing home in Yemen, acknowledging in a special way the four Missionaries of Charity sisters who were killed during the siege.

“His Holiness Pope Francis was shocked and profoundly saddened to learn of the killing of four Missionaries of Charity and twelve others at a home for the elderly in Aden,” reads the telegram, released Saturday and signed by Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/four-sisters-dead-in-attack-on-missionaries-of-charity-home-in-yemen-99801/
Shocked, sounds like he should get new advisers.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Balthasar said:
Well, the same confused Pope is calling the invasion of these demonic Mohamedan of Europe "a good thing"

http://www.politico.eu/article/pope-francis-arab-invasion-of-europe-is-a-reality/
Balthasar,

Calling the Roman Pope 'confused' and the 'demonic' remark are getting into the territory of polemics.  We don't do polemics here, because it starts debates and debates are not what the Christian News Forum is for.  Please reread the rules.  You are receiving a 15% warning for this violation, as will anyone else who pushes the boundaries of the General Fora.

Around here, we just have nice polite discussions.  Insults are for the Moderated Fora, and each of those has its own unique rules and standards.  Do familiarize yourself with them.

Thank you for choosing OCNet for your information and social needs.

-Father Giryus
General Fora Moderator and UN Peacekeeper

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant
are we seriously arguing about the media 'translation' of what the Pope's people say he said?????

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Minnesotan said:
Balthasar said:
Well, the same confused Pope is calling the invasion of these demonic Mohamedan of Europe "a good thing"

http://www.politico.eu/article/pope-francis-arab-invasion-of-europe-is-a-reality/
So much for hate the sin but love the sinner, eh, buddy?
Minnesotan,

As a Veteran of the Great Patriotic War of the OCNet Struggle for Really True Orthodoxy, you know the rules here.  Balthasar's comment was inappropriate, but you didn't need to challenge him.  You know we don't debate here, and we particularly don't debate one's character or Christian virtue.  So, you are receiving a 15% warning.

If you want to call him out, go over to one of the cage-fighting-oriented Fora and have your flame war there.  Do not upset the wa of this Forum.

We appreciate your mandatory voluntary compliance with OCNet rules, and thank you for your important contributions to intelligent and edifying discussions here!

-Father Giryus
General Fora Moderator and Thread Tranquilizer 

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
are we seriously arguing about the media 'translation' of what the Pope's people say he said?????
No, we are not.  Thank you for noticing that, DD.