• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Pope to consecrate Russia and Ukraine to Immaculate Heart of Mary

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Constantine's Lost Rome
You're talking about the atrocities of the Soviet Union. Yeah, the Russians suffered under that regime too, remember? Millions of Russian Orthodox martyrs.
While I agree with much of your analysis (not all), downplaying the institutional connection between the Soviet Union and Russia is a quite a bit off the mark.

Putin was head of the KGB, and reminder: the Russian Orthodox Church to this day still refuses to condemn Patriarch Sergius - even in like 2019 or so building statues to him and blessing him with holy water - the infamous "venerable" Patriarch who issued a declaration saying that the Russian Orthodox Church's goals are identical with the Soviet Union (using such effeminate language like "your joys are our joys and your struggles are our struggles"), and said all those who disagree are anti-social parasites whom Saint Paul would condemn.

Putin himself has stated on numerous occasions that Russian Orthodoxy continued on in secular form through Communist culture - egalitarianism and brotherhood, people venerating Lenin's relics, iconography in Soviet art, patriotism, etc.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Constantine's Lost Rome
Who denies Azov Batallion? On the other hand, Putin denies any connection to Wagner Group, neo-Nazi, neo-pagan mercs Putin feels no shame in using. Wake up.
Ever heard of a guy named Gandhi? He said something about two wrongs not making a right or something like that, I don't know, seems like wise stuff

Deacon Lance

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
Ever heard of a guy named Gandhi? He said something about two wrongs not making a right or something like that, I don't know, seems like wise stuff
I don’t approve of the Azov battalion but Russians complaining about it while they deploy their own neo-Nazi pagans is a bit much.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Constantine's Lost Rome
I don’t approve of the Azov battalion but Russians complaining about it while they deploy their own neo-Nazi pagans is a bit much.
I would have no problem of Western coverage of Nazi Pagans, I have a problem of ignoring them because they exist on both sides.

Deacon Lance

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
I would have no problem of Western coverage of Nazi Pagans, I have a problem of ignoring them because they exist on both sides.
Google. There are articles. It isn’t being ignored.

Deacon Lance

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Lord have mercy.

Image removed. —Ainnir

Last edited by a moderator: