• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Possible New Teaching Position

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

The possibility of a new position teaching philosophy full time at an Catholic college and seminary is about to present itself. However, there are quite a few factors to consider - not the least of which is the fact that I would have to relocate to the east cost, far away from my home in New Mexico - and I am feeling quite conflicted. I'm simply not sure what I should do.

Please pray for me.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
May the Lord guide your steps, and grant you that which is best for your and your loved ones.

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best wishes, Papist! I'm sure that whatever you decide to do, it will be great.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your prayers. I spoke to the rector of the college/seminary and he is very excited at the prospect of having me on his faculty team.

The role would be a blended one in which I teach part time (philosophy and math) and work in college administration part time (Student Success/Advocacy/Advisement).

Additionally, I would be offered free room and board at the college.

What remains now is for the rector to speak to his treasurer and determine if the whole thing is workable.

He would like it to work out since all of his philosophy professors are 78 years old or older, and they need younger individuals to take up the reigns.

This would most certainly be a dream job for me, so please keep continue to keep the matter in your prayers.

Thank you all.

JessicaH

Reaction score
May the Lord point you in the right direction! Lord have mercy

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! I hope it works out.

Lord have mercy.

Orest

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Papist said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your prayers. I spoke to the rector of the college/seminary and he is very excited at the prospect of having me on his faculty team.

The role would be a blended one in which I teach part time (philosophy and math) and work in college administration part time (Student Success/Advocacy/Advisement).

Additionally, I would be offered free room and board at the college.

What remains now is for the rector to speak to his treasurer and determine if the whole thing is workable.

He would like it to work out since all of his philosophy professors are 78 years old or older, and they need younger individuals to take up the reigns.

This would most certainly be a dream job for me, so please keep continue to keep the matter in your prayers.

Thank you all.
Our prayers are with you.  You are certainly very, very fortunate to find such an agreeable job in the academic world.  The job situation is very difficult with people working as sessional instructors part-time without security or benefits.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

Congrats Papist. Sounds promising.

Irish Melkite

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.byzcath.org
I was wondering what would be my 1,000th post here (only took 12 years to get to this point  :eek:  ).

I have to say that I'm really pleased to be able to say ... Thanks be to God for the blessing He has granted to my brother!

May your new position be spiritually and professionally satisfying, my friend!

Many years,

Neil