• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Post Approval System figured out! (Probably....possibly..yah..)

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Hello posters one and all!!

So we have been swimming in posts waiting to be approved, ever since the new system took place.

Part of the reason for this is that certain areas of the site, and permissions to approve the posts FROM those particular areas, has been granted to only a certain LEVEL of moderator.

We did not figure this out until very recently!

Part of the complication is that only Global Moderators and Admins have power to even SEE the posts from the Private Fora, for example.

I just recently found just that little piece of information, so if you all can bear with us a little longer we should be able to work out the other permutations of this post approval system that is totally new and foreign to all of us.

Again, the regulars moderators (section mods) have been unable to access the posts in Private Foras in ANY way other than to know that they exist...somehow. The interface doesn't let them go any further than knowing their general existence. The menu to DO something about their existence is VERY convoluted and was stumbled upon recently after A LOT. Of digging and trial & error.

There are several more layers to this onion that need peeling but we wanted everyone to know how much the system has handicapped us all and that we are working diligently to get these things solved!

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Dear Serb,

Hello! Mina directed me to this page after I posted on his thread the following message:

rakovsky said:
I wanted to let the moderators notice that I have a post above from about a month ago (Sept 7) that hasn't been cleared yet from moderation.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
I don't think any of my posts have ever gone to moderation...that's good, right? How does the system determine which posts go to moderation?

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Olivia said:
I don't think any of my posts have ever gone to moderation...that's good, right? How does the system determine which posts go to moderation?
Your naughtiness must exceed that of the scribes and pharisees.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
I can be pretty bad sometimes :)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
If you go on post moderation, you will know it. It is also usually preceded by a warning.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
rakovsky said:
Dear Serb,

Hello! Mina directed me to this page after I posted on his thread the following message:

rakovsky said:
I wanted to let the moderators notice that I have a post above from about a month ago (Sept 7) that hasn't been cleared yet from moderation.
Ugh! I'm so sorry!

This is a really laborious process but I'm going to make every effort to get this done by tomorrow!

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
OK. No hurry.
My messages still in moderation are:

Re: Anti-Chalcedonians are not Orthodox.
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2015,

Re: 30 Years On...
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2015, 03:47:21 AM »

« Reply #132

Re: If Severus Says It, It Has To Be Wrong!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 12:39:25 AM »

Re: Chalcedonian Hierarch Philaret of New York Denies That God Died (In the Flesh)
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2015,

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Rakovsky, this might take a couple of weeks.  I will make every effort to get it done before that, but i'm not sure, so i'd rather give myself a wide space of time to work with. 

rakovsky said:
OK. No hurry.
My messages still in moderation are:

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2015,

Re: 30 Years On...
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2015, 03:47:21 AM »

« Reply #132

Re: If Severus Says It, It Has To Be Wrong!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 12:39:25 AM »

Re: Chalcedonian Hierarch Philaret of New York Denies That God Died (In the Flesh)
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2015,

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I don't understand what you mean by moderation

Do you mean post approval? 

And the quick answer is no.  The reason is because the whole system has not changed...so the degree of difficulty to get this done has not changed.  So no...things haven't changed. Yet.
Yet the posts that earlier "were not seen by moderators" are seen now. Works for me.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I lost you there Mike...How can you see the posts?
I was told by a moderator that posts in Private Forums are not being reviewed because moderators cannot see them. Now I see they are. I do not really care what is the reason. And I do not really care.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
mike said:
serb1389 said:
I was told by a moderator that posts in Private Forums are not being reviewed because moderators cannot see them. Now I see they are. I do not really care know what is the reason. And I do not really care.
ftfm

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Correct.  If you see above I explained that only the GM's and the Admins have access to those posts.  the regular moderators do not, in the new system.

ON TOP OF THAT, it's a VERY complicated back-and-forth process to accept or deny the posts.  There is a definitive back-log of those and Liza and I are doing the best we can to get a handle on them. 

hope that makes sense.  not that you care.  :police:

mike said:
serb1389 said:
I was told by a moderator that posts in Private Forums are not being reviewed because moderators cannot see them. Now I see they are. I do not really care what is the reason. And I do not really care.