• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Post pictures of your pets

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I'M DYING. Huskies are my favorite breed and we can't have any pets.  :'( :'(

If you lived in my neighborhood, I would plot to steal your dogs. I'm just saying.

PS They're soo cuutttteee.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
Ok, now that's just way too cute...  ;D

As for my own pets, I'll have to see what I can dig up, I don't think I have any on my hard drive at the moment.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Now that I finally have a scanner I can put some pics in this thread!  :) Regrettably I don't have any of my last cat, Shadow, which my wife and I bought about the same time we got married. When my computer died last year I lost all the pics of him. Anyway...

First up is the dog I had when I was a kid. My Father comes up with very inventive names for his dogs. The last three have been named "friend," "pal," and "buddy". I'm not as creative, so this pet's name was simply "dog":

Second up is the cat I had when I was a teenager and lived with my grandparents. His name was "cat":

And last but most importantly, the first pet I ever had, Snowy. Yes, yes, this is the same snowy I mentioned in this thread. I know you've been waiting to see a pic of him, and here are two for your viewing pleasure! First, Snowy playing with me as I pretended to be a chew toy:

And here's another pic of Snowy, as he tried to rip me to shreds as I lay helpless on the floor... ah, good times, good times...

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Regrettably I don't have any of my last cat, Shadow, which my wife and I bought about the same time we got married. When my computer died last year I lost all the pics of him.
The following picture is not of my cat Shadow. However, it is a fairly close match. And let's face it, one cat is as good as another.

Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

If you lived in my neighborhood, I would plot to steal your dogs. I'm just saying.

Actually, the first few pics are of him as a puppy, and the last few fully grown. He is an alaskan malamute. He dwarfs the husky a few floors down from us.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Ah, I see. He's gorgeous!

And I love the cat pictures.

I suppose posting a picture of my fish would be very anti-climactic. However, to my credit, I did have a betta that would jump out of the bowl and bite my finger.

Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

I suppose posting a picture of my fish would be very anti-climactic. However, to my credit, I did have a betta that would jump out of the bowl and bite my finger.
Let's see the fish?

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

We had a shepherd/husky mix until a year ago.  He was a smart one, and sometimes a challenge, as he inherited the sneakiness of both breeds.  :p

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
IsmiLiora said:

Let's see the fish?
The fish died two years ago. I thought I had a video of him biting my finger (which is the most hilarious thing ever -- my scream is amazing), but I guess it was in my Razr, which is God knows where at the moment.

I had a whole bunch of male betta fish (not at once) over years. Trying to remember their names: Bugger, Hoogie (after Pieter Van Den Hoogenband, LOVE HIM), Killer, Slime (that was Mr. Ismi. I hated it but the name stuck and everyone else loved it). I was considering getting some more fish, but since I'll be having kids at some point in the next couple of years, I want to focus on just taking care of my husband now.  :p

I had two more, but I can't remember their names. Argh.

anyway, I love the pet photos. They're all so cute. Celtic, I can't believe you guys have horses! Awesome!

And little Asterisk is priceless.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Our new cat, Spes (pronounced "space"), has her priorities straight. :police:  

Attachments

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I just made kitty cooing noises at my screen, Gamliel. (I am a cat lady manque)

She is ADORABLE! That picture is great. :) So cute!!!

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Gamliel said:
Oh, what a sweetie! But calicoes always are, even when they're being horrible. Just tonight, my calico wolfed down one of her brother's sardines, as well as both of her own. With a face where butter couldn't possibly melt in her pretty mouth. And don't she know it!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
LBK said:
Gamliel said:
Oh, what a sweetie! But calicoes always are, even when they're being horrible. Just tonight, my calico wolfed down one of her brother's sardines, as well as both of her own. With a face where butter couldn't possibly melt in her pretty mouth. And don't she know it!
I have to agree with you. I've yet to meet a calico that isn't absolutely adorable.

Fun comic describing people like me:

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Snowshoes and ragdolls have the SOFTEST fur!

Riddikulus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I would post a photo of my beautiful bad boy, but I've never figured out how to do it! So you are just going to have to take my word that I belong to the most gorgeous cat in the world.  ;D

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Riddikulus said:
I would post a photo of my beautiful bad boy, but I've never figured out how to do it! So you are just going to have to take my word that I belong to the most gorgeous cat in the world.  ;D
So you say....  ;) :-*

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Oh My! you guys have the cutest pets!! and Little Asteriktos is adorable too!  ;D

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Keep the cats coming! Agia Marina, he looks precious...and very fluffy.  :laugh: