• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Pray for Me

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
If you all wouldn't mind, could you keep me in your prayers?  I am having some problems right now and would appreciate any divine help I could get.  I don't really want to go into too much detail since I feel it is kind of a pathetic matter, but a few of you that I know in real life or talk to on the side probably have an idea.  I didn't want to post anything since there are people on here who are getting laid off or have sick parents/family, and deaths, etc.  My problems don't even begin to compare to all those.  All the same, St. John of Shanghai said that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.  I'm not really righteous, so I figure I should get all the help I can.

I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine.

Thank you all.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
May the Lord have mercy and quickly come to your aid, granting you that which is to your benefit!

Lord, have mercy!!!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

CoptoGeek

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
CoptoGeek said:
vamrat said:
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.
That line came from my Grandma when we talked the night before.   ;)  All the same I am thankful to God for all He has done for me.