• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Pray for my Friend who left the Faith

Setna

Reaction score
This is my first time posting on this forum and I thought the first thing to do was to ask for everyone's prayers for a very dear and important friend of mine. Please pray for my friend Chrystalla, who grew up in the Orthodox church but has since left and that God my heal our tenuous/failing friendship. May God have mercy on me an undeserving sinner.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Lord have mercy

Setna

Reaction score
Just wanted to update all of you who prayed for me on the current standing of things. My friend has started to talk to me again although they still remain distant, I recently learned why we had the falling out though. There is another person who has been spreading untrue statements to my friend, I know this person well and how they like to talk about people behind their back and just be bitter and complain about others, this person seems to be drawing her further away from what I pray for. I ask you to please continue to pray for my friend that God my first and foremost bring her back to the faith, that he may heal our broken and distant friendship and that you also pray for the person spreading rumors and lies behind others back.

I have recently been having a difficult time with prayer and have not prayed in a while. I have fallen into a grievous sin that keeps re-occurring and feel unworthy to pray and have my prayer heard/answered and feel fear at going to confession even though I know I have to. It feels as though things go bad when I don't pray and they seem to go even worse when I do pray, and I've drawn away as a result and so I turn to you. Thus I ask you as a final request to please pray for me as well and that God my have mercy on me a sinner and help me to trust him even though everything seems to go wrong.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Setna

Reaction score
I would ask everyone to please keep praying for me and my friend. I have prayed for almost a year now that God would work in our lives and bring about a reconciliation with each other but more so with him, I have left prayer requests on the alter during Sunday mass every time I attend church yet I have grown horribly despondent these last few weeks due to seeing no progress and even more so due to things actually getting worse, now my friend cannot even look me in the face and I cant seem to get in a proper conversation with them. I have, in my fear and anxiety fallen to sin to try and escape this situation. I am always angry, anxious, afraid and feeling abandoned. I do not know how much longer I can go on and whether God will help us. I have tried turning to the holy Theotokos for help and she has helped me to try and stay in control of my senses and yet i continue to fail over and over, yet I cannot see the light in this situation. I ask all of you who read this to please keep me in your prayers if even in a few words. " The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." and many of you if not all of you are better then I. May God have mercy on me a sinner and save me and my friend from a life leading to death.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Setna

Reaction score
an Update for those who still read through this request.

I have had a talk with my friend this morning, it unfortunately did not end the way i hoped and they have made it clear that they want nothing from and that they do not want to talk to me anymore, I am heartbroken and in worse pain than when this began. I do not know whether I should continue praying for reconciliation and that my friend returns to the faith or whether i should give it up. I ask you to pray for me, that i might not become bitter about this and i ask that you continue to pray for my friend and that God my reconcile us in the next life.

If anyone has any advice or any suggestions on what to read or do to calm my heart, please let me know. it feels like my life has been gutted and turned upside down with God no where to be found, pray for me a hopeless wretch.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy. There is a season for everything, even the people in our lives.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!