• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayer for New Job

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
So I finally took the plunge - I accepted a position teaching philosophy at a college/seminary on the east coast. It was originally offered to me in last spring, but I didn't have the guts to go.

I'm extremely apprehensive about the whole thing, and there is a lot of fear that makes me want to turn back. Heck, I've lived in NM my whole life and have only visited the east coast once.

Please prayer for my courage and success in this new job.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Papist said:
So I finally took the plunge - I accepted a position teaching philosophy at a college/seminary on the east coast. It was originally offered to me in last spring, but I didn't have the guts to go.

I'm extremely apprehensive about the whole thing, and there is a lot of fear that makes me want to turn back. Heck, I've lived in NM my whole life and have only visited the east coast once.

Please prayer for my courage and success in this new job.
I hope you are ready for snow.  ;)

I pray that God will help you be successful in this new position.  Trust in Him and all will be well.

Lord, have mercy!

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Thank you all for your prayers. I've resigned from my position here in NM; I broke my lease on my apartment; and I'm preparing my syllabi for 1. Medieval Philosophy and 2. Contemporary Philosophy.

Things are really moving now.