Prayer for Personal Discipline

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I guess I just need some prayer for better personal discipline in all areas. I don't have the slightest desire to begin to say "no" to anything that I enjoy, or to force myself to do anything that I don't have to by necessity. This extends to all areas it seems, from dietary decisions to acquisitiveness, actually being disciplined about my prayer life, etc. It's really all just depressing and I feel kind of trapped. I have a lot of great things in my life, but I'm also just crowded with too much junk. Internet included!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Make room.  I'm in the same boat as you.

Lord, have mercy and help you to see clearly what truly is needed, the fortitude to do what is needed, and the peace of mind to realize you can't do it all, and don't "need" it all.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Join the club. Lord, have mercy.

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
You have my prayers and empathy.  My lack of discipline is embarassing in the extreme.  But at least you are aware of your sinfulness and sad state.  God is attracted by humility and will help you.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I could use all the help I can get in that regard as well, Lord have mercy! Most Holy Theotokos intercede for us!

davdfoge

Reaction score
The Prayer is very powerful, but talking about the purpose, we should request God to give us the power and strength to choose the right. All of us are aware of good and bad, right and wrong, all we need is the desire and will to go for the Right...