• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayer Request for the Peaceful Repose of Fr. Eugene Schellberg

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
My "Uncle Gene" is expected to live less than two weeks.  He has aspiration pneumonia and is not eating or drinking.  He is my father's oldest brother and my absolute favorite uncle.  He's a lot like my dad only 50% more humor and a little less wisdom. (With a wink, no less.)  He, along with my father, took my sons to his side and loved them as his own children.  He is a Jesuit Priest in the Roman Catholic Church.

He taught me, when I was thirteen to make the world's BEST cheesecake. 

I am battling house contagious pests - and cannot risk taking them to my brother's home - and my husband is in the last weeks of his cancer treatment - though he is doing very well.  I am hoping that Uncle Gene will hold on until Orkin can come out and give me the all clear. .  .so that I can let him know I love him and thank him for loving me and my children as he did.  I don't expect to be able to make it, but it is a hope.

Please pray for his calm peaceful repose and his reception into His Kingdom.

Thanks! 

marigold

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, grant Father Eugene a peaceful passage from this life, and a good account before Your awesome judgment seat.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Uncle Gene passed away very peacefully yesterday afternoon.  My mother, brother and his long time companion / care taker Cassima were there.  My boys both wanted to be there - but were unable (as was I) to make the trip. 

Thank you for your prayers.  May Father Eugene's Memor be Eternal.

Lord Jesus, thank you for his love and care while he was on this earth.  He represented you with a true heart and smile that went forever.  Thank You for such a gift to me and my boys.