• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

prayers/advice with unrequitted love

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
I can't get peace of mind... There is this woman I can not get out of my head, her name is Agata.
She wants something from me.
She has gone out of her way to be nice to me, albeit to this time she has treated horrendously for the four years I have known her.

I know, I know she wants me but what the hell is the reason for this change?
I'm sorry but all the smiling and compliments make me sick.
They feel so fake yet in my opinion I somehow admire her.
I tried to start a relationship before with her, but it failed once and twice.
Now I think that she wants me to ask her out but I cannot get over her earlier rejection.

Please pray for me in this situation. Am I damned, o God?

Why do I feel so much like Raskolnikov?

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
May the Lord's will be done!

Maybe she's honestly had a change of heart.

I pray for a positive outcome. 

sainthieu

High Elder
Reaction score
synLeszka:

I wouldn't touch this woman with a 10-foot pole--if she's treated your poorly for all these years, she's not for you. Your problem is that you are attracted to her; otherwise, she wouldn't be able to get to you.

Believe it or not, there are actually attractive women who are also very nice and kind and don't play games. You deserve one of them. If this woman were for you, you two would have clicked long ago, and you would already be married to her.

The fact that you're asking here shows how deep your misgivings about her are. Listen to them!

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm confused ,is this sexual attraction your talking about ,one or the other has.....
Or is this Friendship, or starting a new friendship ,that you tryed to develope before ,but she rejected it....

I'll pray for the Friendship Part but for nothing else. ;D Gospode Pomiluji ....... Amin Amin

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Catholic
Jurisdiction
FSSP
Women!

Can't live with them, and they can't pee standing up.  :D

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord have mercy!

May Your will be forever accomplished in the hearts of Your children, Holy Master and Lord of All!!
Praise Your Holy Name forever for battles won! - for the battles are Yours and Yours alone!

+