• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Prayers for a job

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

Girl

Reaction score
Oh definitely! May Gods will be done and may you be at peace with his,  allways meaningful, decisions.

Cephas

Elder
Reaction score
†Irini nem ehmot â€Â

May the Lord grant you all the best.  The prayers of the Holy Theotokos and St. Paul the Anchorite be with you.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Please know that my prayers are joining the others here.

I hope you get the job, but if not, I am absolutely positive the Lord has an even better plan and situation for you!

Reaction score
May Most Holy Trinity, our God hear the prayers of the faitfull up and down and may be dear to THEM to hear those prayers and grant them.

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Old Calendarist
Donna Rose said:
Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary
Prayers for you!

James

Archon
Reaction score
Donna,

Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.

james

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!

:)

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.
yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. :) If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Donna Rose said:
Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!
You bet...you're on my 'list' until I hear otherwise.

Donna Rose said:
yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. :) If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.
Good luck with your choice! With the desire to work with books and children, you can't go wrong combining those two things!

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Update: for all intents and purposes, I have an interview :) it won't happen until I am back home, in 2 weeks, but I spoke to the person in charge of hiring and they are interested in seeing me :) thank you all for your prayers and if you could say one more that the interview (in 2 weeks) goes well, I would be very grateful.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Of course I will remember to pray! Because you want this job, I do hope you get it.

But remember, even if you do not receive this job, it is not the disaster it may first seem to be. Whatever job you do receive, keep searching for the Lord in it, for then you will be content.