• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Prayers for a job

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
New York
Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary
 

Girl

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Denver, Colorado
Oh definitely! May Gods will be done and may you be at peace with his,  allways meaningful, decisions.
 

Cephas

Elder
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
288
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
†Irini nem ehmot â€Â

May the Lord grant you all the best.  The prayers of the Holy Theotokos and St. Paul the Anchorite be with you.
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,365
Reaction score
30
Points
48
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Please know that my prayers are joining the others here.

I hope you get the job, but if not, I am absolutely positive the Lord has an even better plan and situation for you!
 
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Oz
May Most Holy Trinity, our God hear the prayers of the faitfull up and down and may be dear to THEM to hear those prayers and grant them.
 

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
10,588
Reaction score
49
Points
48
Location
Reston, VA
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Old Calendarist
Donna Rose said:
Dear Friends,

Last week I applied for a job back home, which I really want to get for when I move home in August - it is at the public library in my town. I am interested in becoming a librarian, and getting this job would be a great first step. Please pray that it is God's will that I get this job, or at least an interview. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary
Prayers for you!
 

James

Archon
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
2,749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
71
Location
Ventura, California
Donna,

Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.

james
 

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
New York
Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!

:)
 

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
New York
Sorry I'm a bit late, prayers for your choice, a noble profession, my senior clerk returned to the public library just before I retired, she missed the envoirment.
yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. :) If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,365
Reaction score
30
Points
48
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Donna Rose said:
Thank you all for your prayers...I have yet to hear back (although I am not available to work until end of August, so they could be taking their time)...so please keep them coming!
You bet...you're on my 'list' until I hear otherwise.

Donna Rose said:
yea, I figured, what do I like best in the world? Books and children. Where can I deal with both all day? A (children's) library. LOL that's the extent of the internal career counseling I experienced. :) If I get this job in my public library I will get a sense of whether this is the career path I should be on.
Good luck with your choice! With the desire to work with books and children, you can't go wrong combining those two things!
 

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
New York
Update: for all intents and purposes, I have an interview :) it won't happen until I am back home, in 2 weeks, but I spoke to the person in charge of hiring and they are interested in seeing me :) thank you all for your prayers and if you could say one more that the interview (in 2 weeks) goes well, I would be very grateful.

In Christ,
Donna Mary
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,365
Reaction score
30
Points
48
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Of course I will remember to pray! Because you want this job, I do hope you get it.

But remember, even if you do not receive this job, it is not the disaster it may first seem to be. Whatever job you do receive, keep searching for the Lord in it, for then you will be content.

 
Top