• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayers for Father Ambrose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Melkite

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.byzcath.org
It's reported on Monachos that Hieromonk Ambrose has been diagnosed with cancer and is presently undergoing tests to determine the best course of treatment and the advisability of surgery. Please keep him in your prayers.

Prayers for my old and dear friend, that the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damian, guide his doctors in their diagnosis and treatment of him and that the Lord look with loving kindness on His faithful servant and priest, that he be cured of this illness and that God grant him many years. 

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
Prayers for Fr Ambrose - for courage and strength to fight this scourge.

Prayers also for all the staff treating him

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Lord have mercy and raise your servant from his sickbed!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Christ, have mercy! St. Patrick, pray for us!

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on the good Father Ambrose!  :'(

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
God be merciful on Father Ambrose.

Delphine

Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

I saw the thread on Monachos and Olga posted an email from Fr. Ambrose today:
Tests tomorrow with the respiratory man and anaesthetist to try and determine if my heart will stand the operation. Interview next Wednesday with surgical team.

Thank you for your concern. Please thank the others on the forums who are praying.

I am 66 but I still love to see each new Spring here on earth.
Original post here.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Enough of the non-prayer commentary on the Prayer Forum! The next person (other than an admin or moderator) who posts something other than a prayer on this thread will receive a formal warning.

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Fr. Ambrose was not banned for defending himself. He was banned because while under post moderation, he began harassing various moderators publicly and privately here and elsewhere, and posting inflammatory profile signature lines repeatedly.

If he were not a respected hieromonk, he would have been banned years ago. This was simply the "last straw" and the culmination of multiple "ticketed" incidents. It has nothing to do with siding with heretics over Orthodox, alleged moderatial malice, or not wanting to give a man a chance to defend himself. It was the totality of his posting which led to this decision, not one isolated, one-off act.

Status
Not open for further replies.