• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayers for Fr. Samaan

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
IC XC NIKA
To All,
The Lord give you His peace.

Some may recall, when I first joined, my avatar of a monk-priest by the name of Fr. Samaan.  Many thought it was me in the picture, and many complimented on his beard.  I can't find that picture, but here are 2 others.  In the first, he is the priest in the background looking up, and the second, he is the tall priest with the long beard, with all white on:

http://www.coptichymns.net/Coptic_Photos-displayimage-album-15-cat-0-pos-55.html

http://www.coptichymns.net/Coptic_Photos-displayimage-album-15-cat-0-pos-25.html

Anyways, it has come to my attention (from a friend in England) that Abouna Samaan has passed away in the Lord.  He died of cancer.  May we offer prayers for his soul, that he may rest in the bosom of our Lord.

in XC,
shawn

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jarhad barham!

jlerms

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on your servant.

Cephas

Elder
Reaction score
coptic orthodox boy said:
Anyways, it has come to my attention (from a friend in England) that Abouna Samaan has passed away in the Lord.  He died of cancer.  May we offer prayers for his soul, that he may rest in the bosom of our Lord.

in XC,
shawn
†Irini nem ehmot â€Â

Shawn,

Was it cancer?  I had the great honour and priviledge of being able to attend the funernal of Abouna Samaan St. Paul at St. Paul's Monestary in Egypt, where he was ordained.  Based on what I heard from the monks... he contracted a disease that about 1 in 7 million people get (i think those were the odds) and the disease literally liquidated his internal organs.  I could have heard wrong.  Nevertheless, at the funeral I could tell he was dearly loved and a truly blessed man.  May the Lord repose his soul in the Heavenly Jerusalem and may his prayers be with us all.

Pray for me.

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
IC XC NIKA
Cephas,
The Lord give you His peace.

I was told he died from cancer.  Perhaps he died of the disease you are speaking of.  I mean, I'm in the States, so I can't ask anyone, except via e-mail and AIM.  What is certain is that he is "asleep in the Lord."  Let's pray that he may behold the Lord for all eternity.

in XC,
shawn