• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayers for Gebre please.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
He posted on FB he is in the hospital again. Please keep him in your prayers.

Lord have mercy.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Deepest thanks for all the prayers. I had an angiogram done. Lots of blockage in many of my arteries, including arteries that had stents placed in them previously. The doctor said there was nothing to do about that. He also said that open heart bypass surgery was not necessary. I was relieved about that. He said that I have collateral arteries developing that form a natural bypass around the major arteries that are blocked. These collateral arteries are allowing blood to get to my heart, but they are not pumping enough blood to alleviate these frequent chest pains that I have. The doctor said that with some new medication and plenty of exercise, I should be able to develop more collateral arteries that will eventually get enough blood to my heart to relieve these pains over time. The good news is that I didn't have another heart attack, and I didn't need open heart surgery. The bad news is that they couldn't do anything to get more blood immediately flowing to my heart. So I will have to deal with these chest pains  for quite some time. But I am thankful to be alive, and I am thankful that there is hope to eventually get better. I love and appreciate all my friends, brethren, and OC.net prayer warriors who lifted up their intercessions for me today. I can't thank you enough. And deepest thanks to Dr. Waterer, Dr. Fyke, and the wonderful cardiac care staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital.

Selam

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score