• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Prayers for my marriage.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I can't even believe I'm posting this here.

I am in a daze.

My marriage is virtually over. I don't want to post details, but this has happened very abruptly. I am in shock. We will be trying to work it out, meet with Father over the next few weeks, but the prognosis does not look good at this point.

I can't even pray right now. I'm trying, but it's not going. Nothing except the Jesus Prayer. So if you could please lift up a prayer for me, my future plans, please do.

And pray for him. He needs help, and since I can't be the one to help him, I really hope God does.

Lord, have mercy!

Reaction score
It breaks my heart reading this.

Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Bring healing, Lord, to your servants and grant them one mind and heart.

I will keep praying ...

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
You are such a dear, Ismi. You're welcome to PM me if you want to. So sad to hear this.  :'( :'(

elephant

High Elder
Reaction score
Lord have mercy,  Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.
Most Holy Theotokos save us.
Beloved Saints Joachim and Anna pray for us.

Love,
elephant

mountainman

Reaction score
Lord Have Mercy!

I have been where you are.  I don't know obviously the particulars of your situation, but I do know that marriage is a dance.  Complex, frustrating, almost never straightforward, and requiring an enormous amount of creativity.  My marriage was destroyed by a single heinous act and we had to start over.  The will was hardly there, the love was MIA. But there is always hope for a christian marriage, somehow through the grace of God we found a shred of it.  It has been an uphill battle but in the process God has taught us to be climbers.  Perhaps these words apply to your marriage or perhaps not.  I will offer a heartical prayer for you and your husband.  I wish I could offer better words for you, but of course the best ones have already been offered:

Lord Have mercy.

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have Mercy!

IsmiLiora, you are so creative and expressive....  Your posts are fun to read...  God will give you the strength to get through this, please don't doubt yourself or your self worth. 

witega

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

Just remember, virtually over is not the same thing as really over--and in Christ anything can be healed.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Ismi, I am so sorry to hear this.

Be strong.

May the Lord have mercy and grant you whatever is best for you.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I'm really unhappy to read this. May God, by the prayers of His Mother and all the saints have mercy on you and your husband.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
In the struggle of marriage, there are times when things do seem hopeless. But I have learned that if you just cling to Christ, cling to the marriage, and cling to your spouse (even if your spouse does not seem to be clinging to you) then God can heal and strengthen your marriage over time. It can be very difficult when it seems like you are the only one trying, but just keep trying anyway. I truly believe that as long as both people desire to preserve the marriage, then no problem is too big to overcome. I'm glad to hear that you all are meeting with your Priest, and that would seem to indicate that both of you desire to work through things.

I didn't mean to give advice. Just wanted to offer you some words of hope and encouragement.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Oh Liora! *hugs*

Almighty God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, through the intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, forgive and have mercy on, your servants. Protect and defend their house that calls upon your Glorious Name, heal their infirmities and fill what is needed in their hearts and home, in this hour of their need. Amen.

Lord have mercy!

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
praying sister.
i would add that it doesn't need both people to cling to the marriage for it to continue.
one very patient person and God is enough.

katherine2001

High Elder
Reaction score
Lord have mercy!  My thoughts and prayers are with you both.  I am so sorry to hear this.