• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Prayers for my move

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Hey all,

So the time has FINALLY come...tomorrow I am MOVING HOME! moving out of NYC for good and back home to live with my family! I am all done w/ school, and today I am packing all day and then tomorrow afternoon I'm GOIN HOME! YAY! please pray that it all goes smoothly tomorrow - I don't anticipate any problems whatsoever, but prayers are always helpful. Thank you in advance.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
Prayers for you! If you lose anything in this move, I hope it is anything you did not really care about.

In my past moves, it always seemed that the 'ugly vase given as a wedding gift' would survive the move like it was made of armored steel, while personal mementos would wind up shattered as if a pack of ogres assaulted the moving van on its way to our new home.

choirfiend

High Elder
Reaction score
The trick is to only have personal momentos that are made out of metal ;)

Good luck, Donna!

James

Archon
Reaction score
Prayers for the trip home...(where is @), a few of my memory cells are either a bit damaged or gone...

james

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
thank you all for the prayers...home is White Plains, NY - a mere 40 min. drive from manhattan :) overall it shouldn't be a huge ordeal, but as I said, prayers are always helpful...as for losing momentos, i'm actually chucking a lot of extraneous "momentos" that I have forgotten from whence they came...the really important stuff is being taken good care of :)

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Thank you all for the prayers, the move was a success! I've been workin hard to get unpacked and settled in, and I'm pretty far along :) Thank you again for the prayers!