Priest practices both Anglicanism and Islam

Jason.Wike

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Jetavan said:
Ann Holmes Redding describes (in "Together We Can Thrive, Part I") how she became a Muslim-Christian.
I could only watch about 30 seconds of that before the drivel became too annoying. "Follow your heart, your heart will never lead you astray." A saccharine platitude that is completely wrong. Most people don't know their own hearts and what motivates them.

Ebenezer

Reaction score
Jetavan said:
Ann Holmes Redding describes (in "Together We Can Thrive, Part I") how she became a Muslim-Christian.
I know alot of Muslims, I know more about Islaam than I do about Christianity and can say, with all certainty, both of these clowns would be hard pressed to find anyone in the ulema or any Muslims among the laity that would support and or agree with them. I think the same could be said for Christianity and Christians. Again, both of these people are morons, you either one or the other. Not mentioning the fact that women shouldn't be priests or head services and both Muslims and Christians would agree to this. Instead of "listening to your heart," how about you listen to the word and laws of God, whether you follow Christianity or Islaam. If she was truly a Muslim she should wear hijab, the hijab is wajib upon all Muslimas, most especially when they are among men whom are not their relatives or husband and she doesn't much look like a hijabi to me.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Can you post the link so I can see for myself?

Azurestone said:
Sorry. I was ambiguous with that question.

Orthodox bishops, even recently, have participated in a Jewish service. Do you see this as acceptable, or akin to sharing the church?

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
FatherGiryus said:

Azurestone said:

Orthodox bishops, even recently, have participated in a Jewish service. Do you see this as acceptable, or akin to sharing the church?
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=32071.0;all

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Thank you.

Because of the editing, I'm not sure if it was a service or a press conference.  As I understand Hannukah, one candle is lit each night.  It seems that all of them were being lit at the same time.  I also noticed that many of the males present did not have their heads covered (i.e. no kipas) nor did the rabbis have their talises, which makes me wonder if this was anything but a symbolic ceremony versus an actual service.

Azurestone said:
FatherGiryus said:

Azurestone said:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=32071.0;all