• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Problem with a key on my laptop

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
The left arrow key on my laptop has decided it no longer has a duty to remain attached to the keyboard; does anyone know how to compel this wayward key's fidelity to my laptop?
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,510
Reaction score
160
Points
63
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
JamesRottnek said:
The left arrow key on my laptop has decided it no longer has a duty to remain attached to the keyboard; does anyone know how to compel this wayward key's fidelity to my laptop?
Ask it?
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
biro said:
JamesRottnek said:
The left arrow key on my laptop has decided it no longer has a duty to remain attached to the keyboard; does anyone know how to compel this wayward key's fidelity to my laptop?
Ask it?
Unfortunately, it appears to be deaf and I know no sign language (aside from either "I'm hungry" or "Sorry," but I cannot recall which it is, so I am reluctant to use it).
 

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
11
Points
38
JamesRottnek said:
biro said:
JamesRottnek said:
The left arrow key on my laptop has decided it no longer has a duty to remain attached to the keyboard; does anyone know how to compel this wayward key's fidelity to my laptop?
Ask it?
Unfortunately, it appears to be deaf and I know no sign language (aside from either "I'm hungry" or "Sorry," but I cannot recall which it is, so I am reluctant to use it).
What kind of laptop?

Try googling your type. There are more than a few helpful sites to reattach your keys.
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
Aindriú said:
JamesRottnek said:
biro said:
JamesRottnek said:
The left arrow key on my laptop has decided it no longer has a duty to remain attached to the keyboard; does anyone know how to compel this wayward key's fidelity to my laptop?
Ask it?
Unfortunately, it appears to be deaf and I know no sign language (aside from either "I'm hungry" or "Sorry," but I cannot recall which it is, so I am reluctant to use it).
What kind of laptop?

Try googling your type. There are more than a few helpful sites to reattach your keys.
It's a Dell Inspiron of some variety. 
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
Thanks to Google, I seem to have gotten it to stay in place, for now anyways.
 
Top