• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Problems with rage

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Please pray for me.

Lately I've had problems with my feelings, especially towards my mother.  I love her, but once in a while she will take out the stress she has about her relationship with her boyfriend on me.  It is very difficult for me, because I can never figure out how I upset her or why she gets so upset at the things she decides to yell at me about.  I know that she is stressed, but even so, I've started to yell back.  I'm not her punching bag, but at the same time she does everything for me and has understandable relationship troubles, and I need to be more understanding and let things go.

This is proving to be a real obstacle in my spiritual life.  Sometimes I find it difficult to pray when I have animosity towards my mother in my heart.

Reaction score
Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy , They say that was also Moses biggest problem,controlling his rage, I know it is as well my own .