• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Protopresbyter Elias Wen Turns 107

H

Hypo-Ortho

It may be a bit difficult for Fr. Elias to write his autobiography on his own at this advanced stage of his life due to failing eyesight, but it would be wonderful if someone collected all the anecdotes about him and also sought out any of his written sermons to put into book form along with anecdotes and biographical details.

I read of Fr. Elias Wen years ago. I had no idea he was still living and had reached such a ripe old age. May God grant his faithful servant, the Protopresbyter Elias, long life, health, salvation, and many, many more blessed years!!!

Hypo-Ortho

nicodemus

Reaction score
May God grant Fr. Elias many more years! And may He Resurrect the Church in China!

Reaction score
Many years Father Elias!

There's a beautiful photo-essay book (about 65 pages) of the ROCOR cathedral in San Francisco's anniversary (put out in 2001 or so), and it has photos of Father Elias - I'm pretty sure he served with St John of Shanghai when they were in China and again in America.

It's a wonderful book for anyone who's interested in the church in San Francisco, Orthodox Church architecture, Saint John Maximovitch, and the Russian Orthodox emigre history. I bought it for $29 by contacting the Holy Virgin Cathedral Bookstore in San Francisco.