• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Question about replying to posts.

->Arrow

Reaction score
Faith
Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
New York State
1. How do I cancel a reply?

2. I noticed that when I want to reply, I automatically get the entire quote. How do I reply without a quote?

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
You have a 10 minute window to edit a post. The edit button is on the far left bottom of the post. You cannot delete a post completely but can edit it to something random like " never mind" or " oops."

To reply without adding the quote do not push the "reply" button on the far bottom right, rather just go below to the next section and start typing. The posts are numbered so you can refer to a post by number if you want.

If there's a better answer- y'all on here jump in and help. I'm still asking questions and don't have it figured out yet. I don't know how to quote only parts of a post. I just figured out how to post an image without it being a screenshot. I feel like a grown up now.

•••🔽

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
The reply button is useful if you want someone to be notified that you replied to them. If the quote is long and you only want to address part of it, you can trim the rest and leave only the pertinent part.