Questions to Mor Ephrem about Monophysites and Monophysitism

AmatorDeus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.davidgalloway.net
Dear Mor,

I've heard that the so-called "Oriental Orthodox" (for as we all know, Orientals only build pagan temples and chinese take out places) use an adopted New Testament that contains portions of the Qu'ran and the Bhagavid Gita. Please advise.

Sincerely,

Perplexed in Puxatawny

Bogoliubtsy

Archon
Reaction score
I've also heard this. In addition, I've heard that your understanding of Christ just having a divine nature comes from the Hindu legend of Krishna who descended to Earth with a spiritual body, untainted by the material world. Is this true? Thank you.

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Dear Mor:

I have heard that OO's have adopted their fast to that of the Mohamadeans and have even forbidden the drinking of the Holy Vodka.

and Is it true that you Indian Orthodox folk use dream catchers in your services?

Thank you,
Puzzled in Parsons

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
He must be out today.

This much smack should be able to get some sort of a response. I'm sure he'll come around in due time.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
What has come over our usually thoughtful and serious posters?!?!?
Spring-Fever of monumental proportions?
Impending Cicada Induced delirium?
Meat and milk toxicity?

;D ;D :D :D ;D :D

Gitas and vodka and catchers, Oh MY!

Signed

Marveling In Maryland

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
LoL. I wasn't bored last night, only the night before. Plus, I had church in the morning (didn't you?), so I regret that I wasn't able to participate in last night's shenanigans.

For those of you who may be wondering "WTH?", here is a link:

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Nik split this off from another thread. Background: Neo-dox asks question about our veneration of the Mother of God, question is answered, thread progresses, he doesn't read it, thinks we ignored him, busts out in all caps--you can figure out the rest. :)

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
David said:
Perplexed in Puxatawny
Whew!
I AM in Punxsutawney and, yes, I was most perplexed at this thread until our "Phil"- not Punxy Phil - "filled" us in. :D

Demetri

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
LoL.  I wasn't bored last night, only the night before.  Plus, I had church in the morning (didn't you?), so I regret that I wasn't able to participate in last night's shenanigans.  

For those of you who may be wondering "WTH?", here is a link:

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Nik split this off from another thread.  Background: Neo-dox asks question about our veneration of the Mother of God, question is answered, thread progresses, he doesn't read it, thinks we ignored him, busts out in all caps--you can figure out the rest.  :)
I had to check it out to make sure I wasn't the Neo-dox in question!

Jovan

High Elder
Reaction score
So Mor, you have to make one thing clear here, had a hard time understanding if you call Mary the Theotokos or not? xD xD xD