• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Questions

Almost_Orthodox

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
Faith
Ukrainian Catholic
Jurisdiction
Archeparchy of Philadelphia
1.  I am not getting notifications of replies in my Email box.  I checked my profile and think I have everything set up correctly.

2.  Where is the "edit" button for a post I put up?  Need to make a minor change.

Your help is appreciated.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Almost_Orthodox said:
1.  I am not getting notifications of replies in my Email box.  I checked my profile and think I have everything set up correctly.

2.  Where is the "edit" button for a post I put up?  Need to make a minor change.

1. The "Notifications" to your Email box do not work. 

2. You have approximately 10 minutes to edit your post.  After that, it will remain as is for all eternity.  ;)

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
Almost_Orthodox said:

I don't think email notification has worked for a long time. And you aren't allowed to change a post unless you're a moderator, altho there is a short grace period during which you'll see a "Modify" button.

Almost_Orthodox

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
Faith
Ukrainian Catholic
Jurisdiction
Archeparchy of Philadelphia
LizaSymonenko said:
Almost_Orthodox said:

2. You have approximately 10 minutes to edit your post.  After that, it will remain as is for all eternity.  ;)
Is there going to be a time when my "notifications" does work, like say after 25 or 50 posts??

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant
Almost_Orthodox said:
LizaSymonenko said:
Almost_Orthodox said:

Is there going to be a time when my "notifications" does work, like say after 25 or 50 posts??

They 'broke' a long while ago and as best I know there is no ETA on any sort of fix.