Random Postings

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
TinaG said:
Merely watching any random episode of Pokemon will cause seizures.  (from a mom of two Pokemon crazy boys)
Nah. If it's a "Jigglypuff" episode *she* puts people into a deep slumber.  ;D

Iirc, the episode that triggered seizures was one that has not been shown in the US, the one with "Porygon". 

Ebor "Gotta Catch 'em All!"

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
While this has been a record breaking month - we've already surpassed November's record breaking post count - we're still a ways away from our goal of 200,000 posts by New Year's. I am highly doubtful we'll make it - we still need over 3500 posts and only 2 days to get them in. :(

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Fact:

The original Flag of the state of California was supposed to have a PEAR on it.  A misunderstanding had a BEAR painted on instead.
http://www.snopes.com/lost/bearflag.asp

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Fact:

There is a site, Freerice.com, that will donate 20 grains of rice for each correct vocabulary word chosen. (I've done it a number of times myself.)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
Fact:

There is a site, Freerice.com, that will donate 20 grains of rice for each correct vocabulary word chosen. (I've done it a number of times myself.)
That's quite a site there.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a correct answer beyond vocab level 42, but I did get over 700 grains of rice tonight.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I do find it interesting that the drive for 200k before 2008 has stalled.

But in the end I think it's best for OC.net if the posts leading up to the great milestone be substantive, and not a frenzy of one-word (or two-word) posts or some sort of photo-crazy spree.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
That's quite a site there.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a correct answer beyond vocab level 42, but I did get over 700 grains of rice tonight.
Well done!  Every bit helps.  :)  I'm glad you paid it a visit.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
I do find it interesting that the drive for 200k before 2008 has stalled.

But in the end I think it's best for OC.net if the posts leading up to the great milestone be substantive, and not a frenzy of one-word (or two-word) posts or some sort of photo-crazy spree.
Well, it could be the holidays and people being away. (Then again, the latest Alphabet line of cleaning items is difficult.  I'm trying to think of one that starts with a U.)

But there have been some really dedicated posters. :)

Ebor

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Fact:

The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases. 

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
^ It would be wonderful if people in other locations besides Tennessee would observe that law.  Are you listening, Springfield, MO?

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Well,  Gary Larson Cartoon caption kind of sums it up:

"The bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the chicken of depression"

Which reminds me, we are having Chicken of Depression for Dinner tomorrow, barbecued, and Burgers of Dispair mixed with the bacon of hoplessness.  It will be sadly delicious.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Lazarus said:
Well,  Gary Larson Cartoon caption kind of sums it up:

"The bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the chicken of depression"

Which reminds me, we are having Chicken of Depression for Dinner tomorrow, barbecued, and Burgers of Dispair mixed with the bacon of hoplessness.  It will be sadly delicious.
Well, I personally plan on having Beef of joyfulness, carrots of celebration, and beer of beer.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Not trying to be a pain here, but it occurred to me that *this* might be a good place for the Julian Calender off-set.  That would give us 2 weeks to make it to 200,000 posts by Jan. 1.

;D ;)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Right.  But that would be 3,270 posts in 13 days, which would amount to 251 posts per day.  One would figure that at the pace the forum's been at the last month and a half it would be "in the bag," however we've had a bit of a slowdown in the last week and a half or so.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
So Cleveland won their game.

And Pittsburgh is being pummeled.

And it pretty much won't make a difference for who gets into the playoffs. 
I feel bad for 'ya.  I think Pittsburgh is at a disadvantage against Jacksonville.  Don't think they'll make it.  Even if they do, they are certainly not as good as either Indy or New England.

So I'm left rooting for the team I cheered for when the Browns were "no more" - Go Pack!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
Not trying to be a pain here, but it occurred to me that *this* might be a good place for the Julian Calender off-set.  That would give us 2 weeks to make it to 200,000 posts by Jan. 1.

;D ;) 
Going along with your thought - maybe a New Year's resolution for the board can be "have a few 1,000 post days,*" which can certainly help the cause of getting to 200k by Old Calendar New Year.

* By 1,000 posts, I mean substantial posts (even if they're silly) - not one- or two-worders, or photo-only posts, etc.