Random Postings

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Ebor said:
It suddenly came back to me.  <smacks forehead>  I've known about the Skies of Rohan for some time.  A fine thing they do with getting books into school libraries.  :)

Ebor
Can you elaborate on this? I have never heard of them -- is this an organization? (Since I plan to pursue my teacher certification in K-12 library science so that I can work in school libraries, this could affect me some day soon) :)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Donna Rose said:
Can you elaborate on this? I have never heard of them -- is this an organization? (Since I plan to pursue my teacher certification in K-12 library science so that I can work in school libraries, this could affect me some day soon) :)
The Skies of Rohan is the Idaho and Montana Tolkien Society.  One of the things that they do is distribute copies of Tolkien works to secondary school libraries in those states and some other places. Their list includes one in Denmark and another in New York.  Many of the schools listed are in small towns (which compared to the East is most of the towns in Montana I'll admit.  ;) )  so the librarians likely don't have lots of money for new acquisitions.  So the gift of books is a Very Good Thing.  :)

Here is  their link: http://www.skiesofrohan.com/index.html

Ebor

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Ebor. I bookmarked the link and will give it a good look as soon as I can. :)

Donna

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
Jakub said:
I do like a 50/50 mix of Black Cavendish & Vanilla... ;) while sipping a bit of Benedictine...what say you ?

james
Two roads I like to travel:

1) Start me off with a shot of either Cuervo Black Medallion, Sauza Hornitos/3G or Patrón (or, heck, all three on a feast day!) while puffing on a Cohiba.  Finish off with a Dos Equis Amber.

2) Start me off with a shot of Gentlemen's Jack or Jim Beam Black Label (again, those two boys get along great together) while enjoying an H Upmann or a Montecristo.  Finish off w/either a Shiner Bock or a Lone Star.

James

Archon
Reaction score
Good stuff my brother...whom was formely Pedro, I do like my rum & coke, vodka & lemonade, tequila straight or with a natural citrus juice, Tecate or XX, and my staple Sam Adams...

That is summer time mode of course...

james

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my favourite:

Start out with a triple (or more) of Makers Mark, neat, don't ruin it by mixing crap into it. Drink, repeat until bottle is empty....seep. ;)

And this one works for all seasons and all times of day. ;D

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
greekischristian said:
Here's my favourite:

Start out with a triple (or more) of Makers Mark, neat, don't ruin it by mixing crap into it. Drink, repeat until bottle is empty....seep. ;)
Seep?!!?  If something is seeping out of the bottle you're wasting it and if you're seeping that's not good either.  ;)

Ebor

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ebor said:
Seep?!!?  If something is seeping out of the bottle you're wasting it and if you're seeping that's not good either.  ;)

Ebor
My bad, I fear I've been following my own advice, except for that 'seeping' part. ;)

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
If anyone on this board is a Raiders' Fan (I really hope not), this is for you.  But this speaks volumes about whom the Raiders have in their fan club! ;)

Death Row killer's last words: Go Raiders
MICHAEL KIEFER AND JUDI VILLA
THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC
Posted: 5/23/2007 

FLORENCE, Ariz. -- Robert Comer died Tuesday with a steady gaze and a defiant smile on his face, the first person to be executed in Arizona since November 2000.

He was strapped to a gurney and covered up to his neck with a sheet.

There was no sight of the catheter into his groin that made the lethal injection possible, no sight of the executioners on the other side of a wall.

But Comer was smiling; he had petitioned the federal courts to stop his appeals and hasten his own execution. He was in control of his destiny.

Comer brought a picture of his daughter with him to the death chamber and used his last words to say, "Go, Raiders."