Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Mmmmm...Rabbit stew....
If only it wasn't a fast.
Well, if they were any slower, it wouldn't be as much of a challenge to catch them to make the stew! :D

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
By the way, what is a Frickasee?  Has anyone ever had a Frickasee?  It sounds...perky.  And where do they eat this stuff?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Lazarus said:
By the way, what is a Frickasee?  Has anyone ever had a Frickasee?  It sounds...perky.  And where do they eat this stuff?
I don't know if it means the same thing in English as it does in Greek; but Frickasee is a means of preparing/cooking the food, not a type of food itself.  So you could have Lamb Frickasee, or Chicken Frickasee, or whatever.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
I don't know why you're amazed.

Mmmmmmm.... Opah Fish on Iron Chef America.
Iron Chef *American*?!?!

Chairmain Kaga all the way!  We just found a stash of original Iron Chef videos on line. The Sea Cucumber Battle was umm peculiar. We've also seen Iron Chef French Sakai drop 2 octopi and get nipped by a squid. Poor guy, he really dislikes slimy sea creatures.

"Allllleeezzz  Cuisine!!"

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
Iron Chef *American*?!?! 
I've only seen an episode or two of the original, and this was the only one of the America version that I've seen.  I personally find watching Food TV to be too much temptation - it has a way of igniting the appetite even a short time after having already eaten to my fill.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Would you like the link to the Japanese "Iron Chef" videos?  They can be amazing.  I think it's safe that the Sea Cucumber Battle would not umm ignite any appetite.  But they can be alot of fun just for Chairman Kaga's over the top ways and the excited commentator and 'game analysis' and some of the amazing/bizarre/'where did THAT idea come from?" dishes.

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
But they can be alot of fun just for Chairman Kaga's over the top ways and the excited commentator and 'game analysis' and some of the amazing/bizarre/'where did THAT idea come from?" dishes. 
I wonder what they'd say in an Orthodox kitchen during lent...

"And, HOLY COW, she's pulled out weeds from the back yard and is beginning to steam them.  I have never in my 300 years of commentating seen anything like this!"

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
What's wrong with bears?  Unless you mean the Chicago kind...