Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
Forced cauterization also be against the law ... unless it is legal in Ohio (or Oz).   ;)
No - unfortunately Ohio is too nice & too civilized to allow forced cauterization.  However, since the website's owners life in NC, and who knows where the server is, the law regarding such measures may not depend on my local laws, but instead either on the laws of the state where the server is, or the applicable federal law.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The board counter says we have 261,000+ posts right now, and we usually progress at a rate around 6,000-7,000 per month.  Do we have a big push in us, to get to 280,000 by New Year's? 300,000 by Pascha?

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Let's go for 600 posts a day.

What if I started posting factorials, for example:

0! = 1 = one
1! = 1 = one
2! = 2*1 = two
3! = 3*2*1=six

Someone can do 4!, 5! and so on, but, you have to write out the entire value....

username!

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where Iron hydrochloride ruins watersheds
SolEX01 said:
Let's go for 600 posts a day.

What if I started posting factorials, for example:

0! = 1 = one
1! = 1 = one
2! = 2*1 = two
3! = 3*2*1=six

Someone can do 4!, 5! and so on, but, you have to write out the entire value....
Um, considering I got in an argument about statistics last night at home, I'm done with math for the week.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
9! = 9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1 = three hundred sixty two thousand eight hundred and eighty.

(Note how I write mine out but others are welcome to either give numerical answer or write out the value like me).  ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
username! = u*t*s*r*q*p*o*n*m*l*k*j*i*h*g*f*e*d*c*b*a = 51,090,942,171,709,440,000

kmm

Reaction score
yeah, now I'm off topic with all the number factorial stuff y'all are doing, but I just wanted to complain about the Beast of Revelations being locked.

You see, after a long day of dealing with a bunch of grade sixes and their parents (no, I don't really teach much - you see, teaching really is all about dealing with administrative stuff, and various personalities and the emotional/counselling issues and organizational/learning/focus issues like trying to make kids do homework because parents insist you, the private school (aka personal servant) teacher be the one make their kids do it - over and above all the things I already do like create a detailed homework website, keep students from their favourite classes like circus - yeah, we have circus courses, e-mail parents etc. - despite the fact that it's not called HOMEWORK for nuthin' and I'm getting 5 hours sleep per night so I can do all this non-teaching teaching stuff - so anyway, I'm lucky if I actually get any actual teaching done and it's really ticking me off)
...anyway, after a long day of "teaching", I needed to unwind with a glass of red wine (acquired by my darling husband, who, after seeing the look on my face, ran out to get said beverage) and read the BEAST OF REVELATIONS because the various posts by you guys make me practically pee myself (remember, I've had two children in the last few years) with laughter. I needed the INANITY. Yes, I'm easily amused.

At least I got to see and hear Jane Goodall today, but a few feet away from me at a panel discussion (I drove and chaperoned some of our senior students to this event). That was cool. She's a rather lovely, humble sort.

Sigh,

I realize my post is as about as indecipherable as Kron3's. 5 hours sleep per night makes me even dopier than usual (yep, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

Cheers,
Kmm

edited to make really goofy grammatical error less embarrassing. I'm sure there are plenty more but don't much care right now....no, I've only had one wee glass of wine - I am loopy from sleep deprivation and overall frustration

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
^ After all, these are random postings so the expansion of Cleveland! into something which bears no resemblance to typical mathematics is perfectly understood.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
username! said:
Cleveland!=t*u*i*p*b*A*Q*a*p*m*n*z*q*w*s*h*=5,000,594,493,223,000³
was that a totally random derivation?
His was, mine wasn't - mine was username!, which was really u!, which was really 21! (u = 21st letter).

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1000 posts!

Thanks to everyone for making this a great place to hang out for the last almost 3 years. May God bless you all! Many years!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
username! his 1,500 and now you hit 1,000... congrats!  :)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
username! his 1,500 and now you hit 1,000... congrats!  :)
Ahhh... a place for milestones.  Gives one a warm and fuzzy feeling...

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Great Blunders of History #37

HEROD: Go into Bethlehem and kiss all the babies there.

SOLDIER 1 (to SOLDIER 2): Did he say "kiss all the babies"?

SOLDIER 2: No, I thought he said "kill all the babies".

SOLDIER 1: Oh, OK.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's interesting that you bring up "Great Blunders of History" on the evening of an American Election...

Robert W

Elder
Reaction score
Good luck to the whole US of A on your election day.

I'm hoping for a victory by a "third party" candidate  ::)

;D

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
"Thanks to the internet, virtual musical instruments can be sent as gifts in on-line games. For those friends who prefer fantasy/medieval settings, we recommend the e-lute...

;D