Random Postings

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
And then, one Thursday, nearly 2000 years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change...
...Mighty Casey has struck out.

Cephas

Elder
Reaction score
+ Irini nem ehmot,

We interrupt this thread to bring the following news bulletin:

The following people have been excommunicated from OC.net:

serb1389; IanLazarus; ozgeorge

Reason: Distruption of thread progression

That is all.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread:

Ian Lazarus said:
...and it goes on and on, my friends.  Some people started praying it, not knowing what it was, and now we'll keep on saying it forever just because it just the thread that never ends...
yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started eating it, not knowing what it was, and now they'll all be pukin' it forever just because, this is the thread that never ends...

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa.

yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started eating it, not knowing what it was, and now they'll all be pukin' it forever just because, this is the thread that never ends...
...and it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started toking it, not knowing what it was, and now they'll all be smoking it forever just because, this is the thread that never ends...

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, did anyone see Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz throw his no-hitter today?  He did so in only his second Major League start, and against the Orioles, the same team that recently allowed Texas 30 runs.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Hey, did anyone see Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz throw his no-hitter today?  He did so in only his second Major League start, and against the Orioles, the same team that recently allowed Texas 30 runs.
Eh.  At least my Indians are newsworthy - 8 in a row, and at the perfect time, too!

Ian Lazarus said:
...and it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started toking it, not knowing what it was, and now they'll all be smoking it forever just because, this is the thread that never ends... 
and it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started stomping it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue crushing it forever just because, this si the thread that never ends...

Maksim

Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
A fantastic performance, but bittersweet for me.  I missed picking up Bucholz as a spot starter for my fantasy team by about 10 seconds  :-[

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
There is no joy in Charm City, hon....

;)

Ebor

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I feel like fried chicken.  I need fried chicken.  Must have fried chicken.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mmmm...Popeye's Fried Chicken..extra spicy, with red beans....mmmm....

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Am starting the car right now!

Ah, to have that fowl taste in my mouth once again!

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hockey fight between Lithuania and Serbia....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejatOJF2G_4

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FrChris said:
Mmmm...Popeye's Fried Chicken..extra spicy, with red beans....mmmm....
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'm sure you can figure out how thrilled I was to be in the Atlanta Airport, where there is a Popeye's in every concourse... Such a drastic change from Boston, the city of bland chicken.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
^ Wow. Okay, right now, right this second, get in your car and drive due south. Don't stop until you see a Waffle House. The Popeye's will be right across the street. Don't worry; you'll be okay, just get some fried chicken in ya right quick. Should you feel light-headed on the way, KFC is an acceptable substitute, owing to the fact that it has "Kentucky" in the name, but it'll only get you so far. Whatever you do, though, do not eat Charlie's. That stuff's poison.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ukiemeister said:
What is Popeye's?? 
Instead of treating this question with the same ridicule I'd give it at seminary, I'll be more helpful:

Popeye's is a New Orleans based fried chicken chain that runs throughout most of the Eastern US (I don't know about its network west of the Mississippi).  Their hallmarks are the availability of spicy chicken for all their chicken types (white and dark meat, strips, etc.) and the juiciness of their chicken (far superior to KFC, Church's, etc.).

TinaG

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
comethatmidnight.wordpress.com
cleveland said:
Instead of treating this question with the same ridicule I'd give it at seminary, I'll be more helpful:

Popeye's is a New Orleans based fried chicken chain that runs throughout most of the Eastern US (I don't know about its network west of the Mississippi).  Their hallmarks are the availability of spicy chicken for all their chicken types (white and dark meat, strips, etc.) and the juiciness of their chicken (far superior to KFC, Church's, etc.).
And don't forget their fabuloso biscuits!!  The red beans and rice are also pretty acceptable.

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing beats KFC! Nothing......you can't even begion to consider KFC in the States in any way representative of fried chicken. Only the Americans would serve mashed potatoes in a fast food restuarant.....da Maple Leaf foreva people!

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ukiemeister said:
Nothing beats KFC! Nothing......you can't even begion to consider KFC in the States in any way representative of fried chicken. Only the Americans would serve mashed potatoes in a fast food restuarant.....da Maple Leaf foreva people!
Uhhmm....them's fightin' words where I'm from.

+Fr Chris
Former New Orleanian

PS--'Red Beans and Rice' do not have mashed potatoes in them. Neither do the bicuits, which also are good!